Monday, December 12, 2005

Mr. Chew

The title this evening is for my beloved Heather. If you've seen the bonus short film on the MADAGASCAR DVD starring the hilarious penguins, then you'll get the joke. If not, I don't care cuz it's for her and that's what matters :D - Also, I will not be able to do said action for a few days. But you already know about that. . .

Well I was awoken (that's right, right?) by a phone call from a mysterious number. I didn't get it cuz I didn't know who it was. I figured if it was important enough, they'd leave a message. They did. It was my co-host Jacque, pleading for me to take her 1600 shift today. I did not want to do so, but because she asked nicely I did. Ha, well actually I figured "you reap what you sow" so maybe she'll get a shift for me one of these days. . .

So I knew I had to go to work at 1600 so I got my one MAJOR chore done as early as possible: The Recycleables! It was long overdue because of the lack of time I had with school ending and work continuing and such. So, it was quite a project. It took me about an hour altogether and was o so well worth it. I made $38.95 on all of the bottles, cans, and other assorted recycleables. I know, that's incredible. And that's what I thought.

Afterwards I took a shower and ate some lunch and then watched ATH and PTI. Then I had to get ready for work and I was there at 1600. It was only me at the Host Stand til 1700 when the other host came on (I'm on an "ok" basis with this particular one). Tonight was pretty busy for a Monday night. We were fine at the Stand, but the kitchen was backed up quite a bit apparently. At one point, Erin came up and told us not to seat ANYONE for 10 minutes. Well, this set us back just a wee bit, but we survived and were off our wait around 2000. I got outta there at 2045 with a "Good job tonight" from Erin, which was much to my relief. Fingers remain crossed.

On my way home I called Heather and asked her o so nicely (and sweetly ha ha) to come home tomorrow to take care of me after my Wisdom Teeth surgery thingy. Her finals don't start til Thursday, so I figured she could study whilst I sleep and take care of me while I am conscious. She said, and I quote: "Ok honey. I'd do anything you asked." Yay! I have foundeth my partner. That's that. It's over. The quest has been completed :D . . . She ended up driving home tonight and will be by my side in the afternoon after going snowboarding in the morning with Chelsea and Jacque (not the host, remember - I know, it's complicated). That was just a perk for her to come home :D I'm the real reason!

On a quick MADDEN note, I did end up playing the Super Bowl last night and was quite easily victorious. I forget the score, but it was basically A LOT to A LITTLE. So I took care of some pesky off-season stuff and then got it ready for season 2. This one will be played on the PRO level, which is next on the ladder. I played the first game of the season tonight and won 45-21 over the not-so-good RAIDERS. This bodes well. The ROOKIE season helped my skill much. This was a good plan. Nice one Justin.

Well I better retire to my bed and covers as my appointment is at 0815 tomorrow morning. I'm nervous kinda. I'm more anxious about "going under" than anything else. Hopefully it goes okay. I think it will. Tomorrow is sitting at 3:1 odds that I'll blog. Don't expect it, but if it comes, then you can rejoice. And that's that.

- - - "When the pants come off, it's serious."
- - - My Dad, in regards to a relationship of one of my co-workers. I was sharing with them some information about someone. And after hearing him say this, I said "That's gonna be my quote on tonight's blog." They laughed. I was serious :D

Sleeping towards surgery,

JUSTIN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should be back home now...or dead. Hm. I hope you're not dead. I personally was amazed by the nitrous oxide (laughing gas). It just made it so that I didn't care about anything, let alone needles being shoved into me. After that, the next thing I remember was waking up in my room, sans wisdom teeth. Weird thing was that I had talked to my parents and such, but I remembered nothing of it. I'll keep praying that your anti-social nature doesn't lose you your job. Kidding about the anti-social part.