Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Just Scraping By

I'm exhausted right now. All I can get out is the following:

- School has come to a close: I am right now officially done with 3 of my 4 classes. All that I have left at AVC this Fall semester of 2005 is 4 math lessons and the final for that class which I will be taking on Thursday. Everything else is done. O how good that feels!

- I watched a ridiculously awful film today for class. It was called ELEPHANT. It's just so odd I can't explain it. There were periods of several minutes where the camera would just track behind someone walking. That's it! Walking!

- I saw THE ICE HARVEST, a dark comedy starring John Cusack and Billy Bob Thornton tonight with Justin and George. I liked it the most among the three of us. I liked the fact that people died in the movie. It was not lighthearted. It was not happy. It was DARK! And very noir in tone, which I adore in films. Good stuff.

THE ICE HARVEST - (B)

- And yes folks, as I promised, here are this months entertainment recommendations:

MOVIES:

- - - KING KONG (12/14) The Peter Jackson-helmed remake just looks incredible! I am so incredibly stoked for this movie, I get anxious just talking about it. I know there are doubters out there, but you know what, I don't think there is any more that you can ask from a film. I can't wait! Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/king_kong/hd/

- - - FUN WITH DICK AND JANE (12/21) The Jim Carrey and Tea Leoni remake looks very funny and looks to return Carrey to his hilarious form of old. The rumors of reshot endings and cast fights doesn't phase me. I'm excited to see how it turns out! Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/funwithdickandjane/

- - - THE PRODUCERS (12/16 limited) The remake of the original movie that turned into a play all about a bad play. Did you follow that? The combination of the successful Broadway guys (Matthew Broderick and Nathan Lane) with Uma Thurman and Will Ferrell should make this the funnest movie of the holiday season. Again, I wouldn't be recommending it if I wasn't interested, so I am stoked! Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/the_producers/

- - - MUNICH (12/23) Steven Spielberg's newest film looks gritty and tough to watch. In the trailer, when Eric Bana says "Don't forget my voice" to his infant child on the phone, I actually get choked up cuz there is so much passion and drama there. It's all about assassins sent to Israel to get rid of Palestinian terrorists in 1972. Good, gritty stuff from Spielberg. Yes! Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/munich/hd/

DVD:

- - - CINDERELLA MAN (12/06) The great film from this past summer that will unfortunately get overlooked come Oscar time. Russell Crowe, Renee Zellwegger, and the outstanding Paul Giamatti all put forth great performances in this boxing movie about Jim Braddock. As Heather says, it's a bad title (I like it, but she didn't get it - thought it sounded girly ha ha) but the film is great and it's powerful. Go rent it today actually!

- - - THE 40-YEAR-OLD VIRGIN: UNRATED EDITION (12/13) Very funny, very crude film from this past summer. As predicted on my myspace of old, I said that Steve Carell would become the funniest man in America. This is a huge step towards proving me right. I'm definitely picking this one up, if only for the "You know how I know you're gay?" scene. Classic!

- - - FRANK MILLER'S SIN CITY: Recut - Extended - Uncut (12/13) The complete package that I was hoping for in August when the film was released the first time on DVD. That was a bare-bones edition though, and this is exactly what I want! This is where it's at!

Well folks, that about does it. I'm tired and ready for beddy bye. Aw how cute. . .

Sleep well folkages - later gators

- - - "As Wichita Falls, so falls Witchita Falls."
- - - Recurring thought in THE ICE HARVEST

Nodding off,

JUSTIN

No comments: