Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Welcome Back, Gotter

Get it?!?!

Think of some old television show. . . Come on! Think!

I know it's a terrible joke, but it's late and it sounded good in my head. Let me have this one bad joke please! This one works because I'm back in school now and I felt like I needed to be welcoming. Meh. I haven't even watched KOTTER in months, maybe years. A quick note about that show - John Travolta got his big break on it! He played a character named Vinnie Barbarino and was basically the greaser that you would expect him to play. But on another note, school has begun again. And I'm just that happy. "G'hed g'hed". . .

So I woke up around 0745 or so on Tuesday morning and was ready to go to school (only physically of course) by 0825. I got into the cashier line (I had to get my parking permit - a beautiful lime green this semester!) around 0840 and waited in line til a little after 0900. By the time I went back to my car and put the sticker on the inside of the windshield and walked back to class, it was almost time to begin my Spring Semester. And here was my day:

- HISTORY: Ladies and gentlemen, Dr. Jaffe! Another semester of American History (this time it's from 1877 to the present) with Dr. Jaffe is gonna be just fine. I got an easy A last semester and I expect the same this semester. It's gonna be fun, and that I know. Plus, at least I don't have to start until 0930. This is going to be extra nice! (Class rating: 8.5/10)

- PHILOSOPHY: Dr. Xinmin Zhu seems to be a good teacher, a nice guy, and someone who really wants us to succeed, but his accent is really strong. I have to focus 100% to get 50% of his words. Plus, my class is filled with ignoramouses. He asked us a word riddle to help us think critically: "A man is looking at a picture. Someone asks him, "Who is in the picture?" and he replies "Brothers and sisters I have none but this man's father is my father's son." - - Think about it. In my entire class, only me and one other individual got it right. I'll give the answer later, but I just found it ridiculous that only one other person got it right. O well. The class will definitely be interesting. (Class rating: 6.75/10)

- COMMUNICATIONS: Our teacher is a 28-year-old woman who asked us to call her by her first name, Nanette. Uh, no thanks :D . . But, as female teachers go, she is one of the better looking ones to be perfectly honest. She's no Heather (not even close!), but she's much better to look at then Mrs. Mac (DCHS joke!). We actually played the Name Game (I stand up and say "Justin". You stand up and say "Justin. (Your name)." And so on.) for the first half hour of class. No joke. Then it was "stand-up-and-tell-others-about-yourself-time". The class is gonna be cake though. Yummy chocolate cake with a big glass of milk! (Class rating: 7.9/10)

- ASTRONOMY: The teacher (Mr. Webster) is probably the exact opposite of my last one. He's probably in his late 40's and weighs at least 300 pounds. He's really big to say the least, but he's wicked cool and I think this class will be easy too. How tedious can stars get is the question that will pervade my mind all semester though. We shall see. (Class rating: 7/10)

And that's school. I did mucho walking and I was sore as crazy when I got home. I had to eat and change though as I had work at 1700. I went there and stayed til closing (Stacy gave me $10 to close for her - this was an easy choice) and then headed to Heather's til 0100. Then I went home - o wait! - for the night. I have a story!!!

Heather's mom recently bought a pool table. This is no regulation sweet action pool table, but it definitely works. I have like pool for a long time and have found myself to be not too shabby at it. Well I played Heather a couple times, but then I got to play Chelsea. I was winning and was on the 8 ball. It was resting a couple inches away from the side pocket and I was sitting on the side rail with the cue ball. Easy shot right? Well I had a striped ball (hers) in between them! So I prepare to shoot and as I'm getting ready, the girls realized that I was trying to hop the ball over hers and hit the 8. Heather says, "Not even Justin is that good." Ha! I hit it perfect and the 8 went in. Side Pocket. Thank You. After my celebration, we laughed at how there was such little faith in the crowd. But it was right to be there. I'm not that good :D

I woke up at 1015 this morning and hopped in the shower and was at the parking lot of the CINEMARK 22 by 1050, five minutes before my movie was gonna start. I met Justin there for the showing of HOSTEL, the most recent horror movie from the (twisted) mind of Eli Roth. The movie was just ok. It was gross, overkill, and had a lot of unnecessary shtuff in it (I think you know what I mean) but had some kinda cool aspects to it. Overall, I won't recommend it unless you have a very strong stomach and want to have yourself a shockfest. Grade: C

Afterwards, we went to CASITA for lunch and then I headed home where Heather met me. We watched the movie version of WHITE CHRISTMAS (the play we just saw) with Aimee who was home sick from school. The play was way better! Good movie, but better play. Heather left not long after it was over and then I played DIDDY KONG RACING with Caleb for awhile. Dinner and more DIDDY took place after that.

My dad got home from church around 2100 and came up to my room and I popped in WEDDING CRASHERS, which he hadn't seen. It finished around 2315 and was funny funny funny yet again. I think he thought parts were funny (he did laugh) but as a whole, I don't think he liked it like he thought he would. That's cool - it was fun to watch a movie with my dad. It's been awhile since we've done that.

I've been on my (other) COMMUNICATIONS (Class rating: 7.5/10) website a few times tonight trying to get it set up for myself. It's my 5th class and is online like my FILM class was last semester. It should be fun and I'm looking forward to it (Greetings classmates - or at least those of you who found your way here!).

Now I'm getting very tired very quickly (hence the brief paragraphs) cuz it's almost 0100 on Thursday morning. I have school again and work at 1700 tomorrow so a busy day lies ahead. I hope your Thursday is exquisite everyone!

- - - "Of course, my horse."
- - - Something the Icelandic character in HOSTEL said; I thought it sounded funny!

Night now,

JUSTIN

P.S. O yeah, the answer is HIS SON. Take that and dwell. You dwell!

1 comment:

Cy said...

schweet update, dude.
Am I jealous you watched Hostel without me? yes.
but... you get +10 points for using "shtuff".