Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Weekend Grab-Bag: The New Deal Version

Ok, I'm gonna make like FDR (President Franklin Delano Roosevelt to some of you) and break out a New Deal in order to make things a little better for both myself and you folks at home. Aren't I so presidential? Is that a characteristic? Does anyone even read this? The reason I ask is cuz NO ONE commented on my exciting news on my previous blog. This was one of the most exciting moments of my life! O well - I do it for me, not you, so I guess that's what I get. But onto my Thursday-Sunday, and of course in no way chronological. . .

- Well I spose that I will begin with THE NEW DEAL: From this point forward, A RAMBLER'S RAMBLING will follow (or at least attempt to do so) these rules now set up. I will not blog every night. So don't expect it. The most probable schedule for blogging would be Sunday, (The Weekend Grab-Bag) Monday, (A Monday review/Opinion column-like thing) Wednesday, (Tuesday/Wednesday review) and Friday (Thursday/Friday review). I may sway from this plan occasionally (especially with that Friday one) but my goal will be to give you folks at home 4 good blogs a week. It's only right. So how does that grab ya?

- I worked every day from Thursday to today. The kicker was that on not one of those days did I work over 4.5 hours. Short days are certainly refreshing, but not 4 in a row! My week came out to almost 22 hours, which is average I guess. I need a few more on there next week! I already don't get along with the new girl host (I kinda established this earlier in the week) but the guy host (Chris) is gonna be just fine I think. He realizes that he is new and that the veterans, if you will, know what we're talking about. Thus, he listens. It just works better this way.

- Heather went back to THE LB this weekend. This is sad times. Her mom and she went down early in the afternoon on Saturday to take her stuff and go grocery shopping and such. I headed down after I got off work (which ended up being early) and hit the worst traffic that I've seen in all my trips to THE LB. It took me from 1650 to1915 to get to JOE'S CRAB SHACK, which is where I met them for dinner. Dinner was great (as always - if you get a chance to go to one, do so; you won't regret it) and then we went back to her apartment where we played some games and then the 3 of us watched SHALL WE DANCE, (Grade: B-) a not-so-bad chicky flicky that tugged on the ladies' heartstrings a bit. I was kinda distracted by the fact that I would soon be without my honey being right down 20th West. Then we went to bed and were awoken at 0330 by her phone beeping or something (very annoying) and then quickly fell back asleep only to wake up again at 0930 for good. We ate breakfast (Honey Nut Cheerios, Eggo's, and Cranberry Juice - Yes! That's the stuff!) and then Barbara and I left around 1100 to make the return trip. Much less traffic resulted in a much quicker voyage. I was back at my house by 1240 after dropping Barbara off at her house. I watched some of the STEELERS/BRONCOS game and then played MARIO KART with Aimee, Caleb, and my dad/mom (they took turns) until 1430 when my dad went to work. I then had to get ready not too long after that and then work brought me back to Palmdale for the night.

- Thursday was a school day. It's very hard to remember if anything extravagant occurred in the 6 hours that I was at that campus, but I shall try. . . Nope. Not much fun. I'm done already, or at least mentally I am!

- Over this weekend, I watched the following: LORD OF WAR, (great Nic Cage flick - find me a bad one - that was entertaining and quality at the same time; Grade: A-) two TIVO'd episodes each of SCRUBS and THE OFFICE, and the aforementioned J. Lo movie. I was well entertained this weekend.

- It seems as though that my weekend was either spent driving or working. Or vegging. Sounds about right. . .

That's all folks - a bit more tomorrow about some more important shtuff (10 more points Cy?) like a follow-up to my BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN experience, Kobe's 81-point night on Sunday, and how pining can sometimes be allowed (and even recommended). But you'll just have to wait til tomorrow to get all of that. I think you can wait. You know what? I know you can!

Go to Cy's blog: www.insidecy.blogspot.com to check out some great pictures of the Philippines. Do it. And thanks for the memory-capturing-images bud. We back here appreciate it mucho.

Thanks as always for reading folks (and if you didn't get a chance to link up to my appearance on Roger Ebert's webpage, then here it is again: http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060116/COMMENTARY/60116002)

- - - "There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it."
- - - Yuri Orlov (Nicolas Cage) in LORD OF WAR

Nighty night now,

JUSTIN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, my friend. I'm still pretty hyped about the whole response thing from Ebert. Seriously keep at it. Don't forget discernment--I know that you are able to take more than I can, but don't let these movies influence you too much. Still readin' it all--
Tom

Cy said...

Thanks for the shameless promotion of my own blog! You rock.

and yes, 10 more points for "shtuff". i think you're up to 30 now.

Dude, I want to make a trip to The LB when I get back sometime. Crab Shack sounds delightful.

Also I was thinking... Do you wanna go learn how to surf this summer? I think that'd be incredibly fun. We should make it a whole big thing.. with our friends...

Oh and also, I have some things to ask you about...

"Her mom and she went down early in the afternoon on Saturday..."

Her mom and she???!! MRS. HORNING!!!

and

"pining"

what is that? is it like pine-ing?

or did you mean "pinning"? I dunno.

Heh man... DANGIT. I'm trying you on AIM right now. You're actually signed on, but you're not on. BAH.

Talk to you soon... time to read your next blog.