Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Trust Me. They're Real.

I saw a girl wearing a shirt that had the above on it. I laughed to myself. It was funny cuz she was a little overweight and the shirt didn't quite cover her gut which jiggled like that Bill Cosby-endorsed dessert with every step she took. Maybe she should be focused on her Santa belly and not her upstairs appendages. Just a thought. . .

Well these last two days have been maybe the longest days in forever that I can remember. I'll begin with school on Tuesday:

HISTORY - Nothing new to report really. Just note-taking and joke-making. Fun class.

PHILOSOPHY - My new favorite class. Dr. Zhu is one of those guys who knows everyone can't understand him, so he makes sure that we can at least comprehend him. He's cool and I like being able to discuss what the conclusion of an argument is. Sure, the class has the potential of being difficult, but as he said yesterday, "Why would you take a class that was easy? There would be no reason to take it." Interesting.

COMMUNICATIONS - I wanted to jam my pen in my eye I was so bored. Does that not explain enough?

ASTRONOMY - I had to leave class a little early today. I doubt I missed anything groundbreaking.

I got home, changed, ate a little snack, and then was off to work. I got there at 1603, which was as early as I could make it. I was asked to come in on Wednesday (today) and I half-heartedly agreed to work on my day off. They said I would only work from 1200-1600 so that had the potential of being ok. But Tuesday night was insane. We had a party (they called ahead and arranged everything earlier, don't worry) of 50!!! It was the Italian Club from Paraclete High School. I'll put it this way: They had 22 separate checks!!!

I had to close, unfortunately, because my fellow host was complaining of lady monthly issues. It was a long night altogether and I gladly jumped into bed when I got home.

I woke up this morning at 0930 and stayed in bed til 1000. I got up, showered, shaved, and ate a quick banana before heading back to work. It was an easy 4 hours and I was outta there at 1600 like promised. I was supposed to go practice with the Desert Christian basketball team at 1630 and then hang out with George during the night. Well everything changed in one second. .

So I'm driving along in the left lane and approaching a light that is green. All of a sudden, the three cars in front of me stop dead in their tracks. I swerved to the right lane to avoid hitting them and found myself looking at the back of a newer Nissan Armada (an SUV). I slammed on brakes as best I could but still rammed right into the back of this vehicle. I looked to the left and saw a fire engine going thru the intersection. These people had prematurely stopped at an intersection when they should have gone through. The guy I hit was actually half-way into the intersection. Why he didn't go, I'll never know. So the back of his car was just hunky-dory, but the front of my car could not be described the same way. The right lens of the headlight was broken, as was the grill. The VW thing on the front is now off of my car and in my trunk. The bumper is dented as is the hood. We didn't give each other insurance cuz his car was just fine and there's no reason to tell anyone about him. I'll end up giving him like $50 to fix a little thing that popped off the back. Whatever. I'm so pissed about my car! I was just beginning to get back to a financial stable status and this happened. I was going to begin taking on more responsibilities (cell phone, more car stuff) because I've been working so much and have some extra cash. Well not anymore.

I got home and (this is actually quite a funny story, so I'll tell it) heard my dad in the backyard. I went to the side gate and told him what happened, followed by saying that my car looked like "shit". I was unaware that Caleb was standing behind him (eeshk!)! So I finally go inside a bit later and Caleb comes up to me and says "Justin I heard you say that your car looks like a ship. I want to see". I started laughing but then stopped and kept a straight face as I said ok. I showed him and he preceded to say "I don't think it looks like a ship." I smiled and suggested maybe it looked more like a boat. He agreed and went on with his business. We now have a new alternative curse word in the Gott household: Boat.

Well I headed to practice, hoping to get all this off my mind. Turns out they cancelled practice though, so I was unable to do just that. I trudged home and then took back some movies to BLOCKBUSTER for my mom. We ate dinner and then watched AMERICAN IDOL together. After Aimee went to get ready for bed, my parents and I watched MEET THE FOCKERS, which my dad hadn't seen yet. It ended around 2330 and then I prepared to blog.

I've been trying to blog (it's now almost 0100) but I've been talking to my Philippines-residing friend CY over there via AIM. I miss the guy so it's cool to chat over the computer. The time difference is kinda crappy, but it's worth a little less sleep to see how he is doing and stuff. He's coming home the end of March, so I'm looking forward to that indeed.

Well folks, that's about it for now, as I have to get up in a little over 7 hours. Have a good Thursday and I'll see y'all on Friday night. I think...

Night for now,

- - - "If the glove does not fit, you must acquit."
- - - Johnnie Cochran's famous line during the O.J. Simpson trial (Dr. Zhu talked about this in class - very very interesting stuff!)

JUSTIN

No comments: