Thursday, January 31, 2008

Memory Lane

Happy Anniversary!!!

No, not for this blog and not to some family member who might be reading this. . .

To Heather. And me. It's four years now. . . Who would have thought it?!?!

I have to bring it up because it is a true feat and I am proud of our progress, not only as individuals, but as an awesomely compatible couple!

And now, for absolute kicks and giggles, I want to take you back four years into the past to see a young couple who have no idea where the next forty-eight months will take them. But wherever it takes them, I want to assure you that they never stray apart. In fact, the further apart they are physically, the closer they seem. It's uncanny. And it's good. (Although this picture here is far from good. . . I can't believe how little we are!!!)



And now here they are, just three months ago after having gotten engaged. Unbelievable. . .



Heather, you are my Best Friend. And as WEEZER says:

"When everything is wrong I'll come talk to you
You make things alright when I'm feeling blue

You are such a blessing and I wont be messing
With the one thing that brings light to all of my darkness

You're my best friend
and I love you, and I love you
Yes I do

There is no other one who can take your place
I feel happy inside when I see your face
I hope you believe me
Cause I speak sincerely
and I mean it when I tell you that I need you

You're my best friend
and I love you, and I love you
Yes I do

I'm here right beside you
I will never leave you
and I feel the pain you feel when you start crying

You're my best friend
and I love you, and I love you
Yes I do

You're my best friend
and I love you, and I love you
Yes I do
Yes I do...
Yes I do"

I'm making a special trip down to Pomona tonight (Thursday) even though I have to leave early on Friday to get to work, but it will be fun to actually see each other on our anniversary, something I don't think we have been able to do since maybe our first one. So you can bet good money that we will be happily in each other's arms. And yes, I know how lucky I am. I am reminded of it every day :)

I love you Heather! Always have - always will. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you too :) Thanks for the blog. Happy Anniversary!