Wednesday, January 23, 2008

An Absolute Mess

So the weather here in southern California is just plain terrible. The rain is coming down like crazy - I swear, at times it's like God turned on the faucet full-force and just forget to turn it off after he finished brushing his teeth. Or some other analogy that means the weather is not nice. . .

I got to experience the wonderful weather in full force this evening as I came home from school in the middle of, get this, a snow storm! As I went through the mountains on the 14 freeway, the pouring rain turned into slush which gradually turned into those little white speckles that began furiously flying horizontally at my car (that's when you know it's snow - when it begins attacking you instead of nicely - or in today's case, roughly - falling on top of you).

That's right - I'm back in school. And I am none too thrilled. It's not that I hate school or the idea of learning something new, it's just the damn drive that is already getting to me two days in. Yes, I love my car (who, by the way, I have decided to name Marty. Why Marty? Well, my favorite film character besides Han Solo is definitely Marty McFly from Back to the Future. I mentioned the thought of naming a very distant future son Marty to Heather and she quickly declined, which I understand, but something has to be named Marty for me. Maybe a future dog. . . we'll see. . .) but it's still an hour drive there and an hour return which I get to look forward to during the three hour classes that I sit through. It's tough knowing you have to sit through some traffic and inch along the same freeway four days a week. . .

O yeah, my schedule is awful. The only workable schedule I was allowed (due to the fact that some 35,000 people are trying to get the same 45 seats as me) was Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 1620-1850 and Wednesday from 1800-2045. That's four classes in four days. One a day. That sucks. But, all of my classes are of specific interest to me in one way or another, and I am looking forward to getting what I can out of them. The more I think about my future, the more I get excited and scared at the same time. I'm really no different than the weather, really. I am, for lack of a better term, an absolute mess. . .

But I'm always fighting. Always. No one will ever stop me from working hard and doing my best. Not even stupid customers that buy nothing from me (more on the tragically-slow MW in the days to come). Not my deceitful store manager who gets nothing but good luck when it comes to sales while the rest of us struggle to get by. And certainly not me, the cynical-as-always person in charge of all of my actions - and I am the most difficult adversary when it comes to me. No one is tougher on me than me. . . And no one is gonna convince me otherwise.

But enough of that for now - I'll be back soon with another update. Once I go to my last first class on Monday (did you follow that time table?) I'll completely recap my entire schedule, which you have already heard about. But more in depth, of course. It wouldn't be A RAMBLER'S RAMBLING if I didn't :)

Happy trails for now and as always - - -

Until later,

No comments: