Wednesday, January 09, 2008

My New Baby

I'm trying to come up with a name for it, but as of right now, it will just have to go by it's given birth name:

Scion xD

That's right, I have a new car! I have been putting crazy miles on my 2000 Volkswagen Jetta for some time now (with the commute to school and frequent trips to Pomona to see Heather). I recently crossed the 122,000 mile mark to be exact.

But the xD had 14 miles on it when I picked it up today.

And that's just one reason why I did this. Others include the fact that it gets better gas mileage than the Jetta, is naturally more trustworthy of a vehicle by being a brand new vehicle, and despite being exponentially greater than the Jetta, is only $100 more a month due from me than I paid for the Jetta.

And o yeah, here it is (it's the red one, only mine is a silver color):



I also added a GPS Navigation System (which is the same system that is in the Toyota Avalon - Scion is a separate company from, but an affiliate of, Toyota - which is the luxury vehicle of Toyota), a light kit that makes the interior light up, a sporty shift knob (this is an automatic, unlike the 5-speed Jetta), and the Bluetooth capability (which I have to figure out soon since it's illegal to talk on your cell phone nowadays. . .) which will allow me to answer my phone through my car and hear my callers through the speakers of the car.

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More news on it as I drive it around a bit more (I've only driven from the dealer to work and then home from work) and that should be after my trip to Pomona - I'm heading out there to see Heather tomorrow and coming home on Saturday morning before I work at noon.

So, yeah :)

What do you think!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Justin:
This car just seems to fit you and your traveling. We are very happy for you and we hope you will have many happy miles. It is always nice to have a new vehicle to call your own. Now you can't get lost with the GPS system. Best Wishes, Pop and Mom-Mom

Cy said...

Phew. When I first read "Scion", I thought to myself, "Oh please, God. Do not let it be a box." I was happily relieved.

Congrats, man!

malloryrose said...

Yay! Can't wait to see it!