Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Clash of Right and Wrong

Right: Heather is home. She stayed Friday night, last night, and I talked her into staying tonight as well since she doesn't have to be anywhere til noon tomorrow. Although we spent the afternoon on opposite sides of my room doing homework (more on that EVIL word later), we were together. Instead of texting her "I love you" and waiting for a reply, I could look up from my book and computer and smile at her, say "I love you" and get an instant reply! It's wonderful. I would challenge anyone to find something better than that. . .

Wrong: Homework. I hate it. There is nothing I want more than to never have to do a version of homework again for the rest of my life. Writing a newspaper column or studying an NBA team the night before I do the play-by-play for the game is one thing. Interviewing a woman who immigrated to the United States after the age of 13 three times at an hour each to write a 10 page, single-spaced term paper is another, completely hellish thing. Watching the week's new cinematic release and writing a 500 word review under the gun or interviewing the potential NBA rookie of the year is one thing (well, actually it's two things. . .) whereas creating a Media Deconstruction regarding the role of Women in today's media (yeah don't worry - I don't understand it either) is the exact opposite. I'm done. I'm only five weeks into the first sixteen weeks of my last four semesters of college (did you follow that) . . . and I'm done! I'm already checked out. School sucks - I don't like it. The worst part about it is that I have to drive an hour each way to get to a place that I don't want to be. The only class that I think is truly going to be helpful is the one that is requiring me to do the most work - and it's a lot. I'm really struggling right now. . . Since I got my raise at the FL, it's been even harder to resist becoming complacent and content with what I have. It's not like I could be rich or anything (not even well-off) if I stayed with the FL for a long amount of time, but any job that I get out of college is not going to pay me that much more! My field (journalism) is one of the lowest-paid fields out there, and also one of the most demanding time-wise. So do I really want to do it. . . I DON'T KNOW!!! I'm so frustrated - - -

Right: On a lighter note, I picked a couple upsets this week (Oakland over Cleveland, Jacksonville over Denver) and won my goal of 10 games with Monday night's game to be played.

Wrong: I lost five games, including stupid San Diego falling to the Packers (who I ALMOST picked, I swear!) and Detroit getting blown out by Philadelphia!

Right: Great television shows like THE OFFICE and HOUSE are beginning again this week! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus, Chef Gordon Ramsey (of Hell's Kitchen fame) has a new show called KITCHEN NIGHTMARES that is really good and tonight's episode of FAMILY GUY was one of the funniest episodes ever (they did an homage/spoof of STAR WARS that was spot-on!).






















Wrong: Crap like that Caveman show (inspired by those Geico commercials) and HEROES (ok, so I haven't watched a single episode, but it looks terrible to me) are going to be on TV while quality shows like STUDIO 60 and ANDY BARKER: P.I. got canceled after only one season. . . O well. . .

Wrong: Heather has to go home in the morning and God knows when we get to see each other again.

Right: I get to sleep next to her tonight. So really all is well and more things could be wrong. . . See what having her around does to my morale :)

With that I say. . .

Goodnight all!!!

Until later,

No comments: