Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Surprises, Scranton, and . . . School

So I'll begin with the concert since that's the last thing that I mentioned before:

It was. . . AWESOME!!!

Like I said before, I had seen his concert already on HBO, so there were no surprises when it came to his song choices, dance routines, etc. That part of the show was cool live, of course, but it was also predictable. . . except for following his second song when he said he had a surprise since he was back in Los Angeles. After that, his band begins playing the opening music for Kanye West's single, "Stronger" and then Kanye himself gets brought up from the center of the stage (they had one of those stages that has the part that descends below the stage and the performer gets on it and it raises up)! Then Kanye and Justin sang "Stronger" together, which was freakin' incredible. He followed it up with a freestyle for about a minute (Kanye, that is, while Justin beat boxed in the background). I was so excited I stood up while they performed haha - - Heather actually made fun of me later for it, but whatever :)

Also among the highlights were a half-hour set by Timbaland (during the intermission for Justin - he sang "The Way I Are" which delighted Heather!), "Cry Me A River," and the fact that our seats were better than Manny and Jenn's, who were also there! They had been bragging about their "Great seats" and that kind of jazz and it turned out that we were in the section next to them but in the front row, while they were at least five rows back. It felt kinda good. . . that's all I'll say about that.

Monday at school was okay, I suppose. I finished my genogram for my Marriage and Family Relations class while in the parking lot before class. So the last-minute homework begins. . . I wouldn't have it any other way! I also stopped at the In-N-Out on the way home (it's on the Sand Canyon Road exit on the 14) and got some grub because I hadn't eaten since lunch before I left. This got me to thinking about Christmas and what people should get me (it's always gotta be on the brain. . .). So here's the potential list of places that I would gratefully accept gift certificates to:

- In-N-Out (for all of my commuting dinner needs)
- Juice-It-Up (it's like Jamba Juice, but it's on campus - and yes, it is national)
- Shell (The damn gas prices are back up over $3. . .)
- IKEA (for all of my furniture for my new apartment, which could happen before the end of the year. . .)

I went 11-5 this week in the football pool, which I don't believe was good enough for the win, but at least I won my 10+ games that I always aim for.

Just gotta keep it up. . .

I spent all of my "free time" today (meaning the time getting ready for school this morning and the time rewinding from school this evening) watching the third season of THE OFFICE, which I just bought this past week. I love this show! It is rapidly ascending my favorite television show list, and just might pass an old favorite like SEINFELD or FRIENDS even. If it lasts for several more seasons like SCRUBS (Which is finishing up its run this year after seven seasons) then I believe that it could challenge for the top spot, which is just crazy! For anyone who doesn't find the situational, awkward moment humor of this brilliant show to be funny, well, I just feel bad for you. This show is one in a million - it has the perfect ensemble and it is consistently laugh-out-loud funny. You can't get any better right now than the Dunder Mifflin Scrantonites :)

An example:



And. . . another:



School is okay, I suppose. . . more on that in the future. Just know that I'm fighting through and trying to keep up despite my heavy workload. . . I think I'm a quarter of the way through the semester. Yes, I'm counting!

Well, it somehow became 0100 and I have to work at 0900, so I'm going to bed. Have a good Wednesday and I'll post again on one of the next two days. . . It's true.

Until later,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Justin: Thanks for the info on the gift cards, that is what Pop and I are giving this year, instead of presents. Glad you and Heather had a good time together. It was great visiting you at The Finish Line. Pop is on tour this week. We both will be gone the next two weeks. I don't know much about movies so I can't comment on this. Take care. Pop and Mom-Mom