Sunday, September 16, 2007

Getting Ready to Bring SexyBack!

This evening is going to be a fun one. I bought tickets on eBay last week to tonight's Justin Timberlake concert at Staples Center. I'm taking my wonderful Heather and as of right now, we are just chilling at her apartment before the show (starts at 2000). I came down here last night, though, because I have off today, which marks the first day I have had off from both school AND work since the first day of school, which was nearly a month ago. . . I needed it!

Heather has not been feeling well, so it's just been a quiet visit, with very little activity. This is fine by me, as I can always use the down time. I have been using my time wisely though, as I have been working on homework that I have due tomorrow and then later this week. Go figure - me using my time well. . . Whatever. . .

So. . . the concert! Yeah, I watched his live performance at Madison Square Garden on Labor Day and saw what an incredible show that he puts on. So I ventured over to his website to see if he was playing locally anytime soon and he had three shows scheduled at the Staples Center, with the first one being tonight. So I hit up eBay and got a good buy (we are in section 306, which is about halfway between center-court and behind the hoop - if it were a Laker game - but in row 1, so at least no one will be in front of us!). The tickets were originally about $70 each and I got them both for $83 total, so I did well by that account :)





















So now Heather is resting and I hopped back on the computer to check football scores (don't wanna turn on the TV, since she is sleeping in the same room. . .) and put together a little more homework. I have tomorrow morning before class (I'll be leaving her apartment by 1400 to make it to CSUN by 1600) to finish up anything, but it's best that I get started.

. . .

Just as I was typing that, Heather had a cough attack and woke up. I hope I don't get sick - both Aimee and my mom felt a little iffy this week (Aimee actually stayed home from school on Thursday and Friday) and now Heather too. I can't get sick. I can't! I'm still working 30-35 hours each week at the FL (O!!! I got a raise!!! The company gave a raise to all management - I think because of the minimal difference between associates making minimum wage and the managers making a dollar or so more - and it was quite substantial! I will now be making. . . can I tell you. . . ah, what the hell. I am now making $12.70 an hour, which is HUGE!!! And I could not be more excited about it. . . so share in my excitement please haha!)

The one thing I have failed to mention is the return of the NFL season, which is AWESOME! I never think about how much I miss watching football games until they come back every September. The other thing that is back with a vengeance is the football pool that I have been a part of every year. The first week I went 12-4 which was good enough for a first place tie (no money because I was off in points) and this week is promising so far. I went 5-3 in the morning games (but everyone got the Buccaneers/Saints and the Browns/Bengals games wrong - -). Plus, in the six afternoon games, my team is winning five of them and one is tied, so I have potential to go 10-4 at the worst with the two games remaining. Good stuff! And a strong start!!! Just gotta keep it up. . .

I think that's gonna be all for now, but I'll try and post again soon (expect either tomorrow night or Tuesday night) - - and I usually hold up my blogging promises, unlike my friend Cy. . .

So have a good Sunday night and just know that it won't be as entertaining as mine :)

Until later,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Am So Jealous!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey I just noticed the new picture in your profile very cool looking