Monday, September 03, 2007

The Calm Before the Storm

In this metaphor/analogy/whatever:

The Calm: The extreme lack of posting on my part over the last two weeks or so.

The Storm: The extreme amount of posting that will be hitting this website over the next few weeks and from there on out.

My goal (Call it a Labor Day Challenge, if you will) is to get on a blogging hot streak here in the near future, despite the fact that my life is undoubtedly going to be CRAZY over the next three and a half months.

You see, school is officially back in session. I am now a Junior (and a first semester Transfer Student) at California State University, Northridge. I commute from Lancaster three times a week (Monday, Tuesday, and Friday) for 14 total hours of classes. If you add the six hours of driving and the prospective amount of homework (say, two hours a week from each of my five classes) to my 35+ hours a week at the FL, I am now employed over 65 hours a week!

But of course I want to blog, too. . .

O and I forgot - - - I'm an adult league basketball team and we have a game every Wednesday night. And I'm still an avid bowler, only I can't find the time to head all the way to East Palmdale to bowl like I want.

But of course, blogging is important too. . .

And of course, I have a family that I would like to spend time with, friends that I wish I could hang out with, and my beautiful girlfriend who still lives 90 miles away (and because of how we feel about each other, there is no amount of time that is ENOUGH time together).

And so now, at noon on this Labor Day 2007, I'm ready to begin a productive day that will include getting some homework done (and maybe even getting ahead. . .) as well as get my work area around my computer in a shape that is productive for my upcoming semester.

I have a lot planned. But you can see that. . .

ALSO. . . . . . . . . .

In the next few days I am hoping to get some posts out there that I have been planning for some time now. I'll throw you the titles to look forward to them:

- THE REST O' THE YEAR MOVIE PREVIEW: VOLUME 2

- THE ROAD TO NOWHERE: PART V

- THE OTHER TEN COMMANDMENTS

So if you are still reading - either this particular post or A RAMBLER'S RAMBLING in general - then please hit me up in the comment section about whether or not you are excited about my return to consistent blogging. . . it will only help me in my return to the saddle (that's another one of those metaphor thingys. . .)

Have a good Labor Day everyone! Don't work too hard :)

Until later - - -

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Justin: Sounds like your days and nights are pretty busy. I am sure that you will be able to handle it though. Hope that you had a good Labor Day. We labored over here in Scottsdale also. Got alot of outside work done. Playing basketball is something you will enjoy. Keep us posted on the different things you are doing.Love you, Pop and Mom-Mom

Anonymous said...

THE ROAD TO NOWHERE: PART V THE ROAD TO NOWHERE: PART V THE ROAD TO NOWHERE: PART V THE ROAD TO NOWHERE: PART V THE ROAD TO NOWHERE: PART V THE ROAD TO NOWHERE: PART V THE ROAD TO NOWHERE: PART V THE ROAD TO NOWHERE: PART V!!!!!!!!

Can you tell that I am excited for the next part in your story?