Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Second Anniversary:
By the Numbers

So today is the second anniversary of this website, A RAMBLER'S RAMBLING.

Congratulations to me!

Well, I'm gonna go down the line and share the numbers that are important when it comes to this website and the continuation of this blog. Enjoy!


2 - - - Years of blogging I celebrate today

242 - - - Posts

242 - - - Different Titles (I consider this to be an accomplishment!)

24 - - - Titles that have contained explicit Alliteration

241 - - - Comments (Almost ONE per Post!!! Not bad. How about we get at least two on this one, though, huh?)

51 - - - Grab-Bag posts (Of any variety)

1 - - - Live Blog (for the 2007 Oscars - - )

4 - - - Parts to my Short Story (so far)

4 - - - Movie Preview Posts

1 - - - Spanish Titled Post

0 - - - Regrets about Blogging!


Enough about my blog. How have I changed in two years?


4 - - - Semesters of College I have completed

4 - -- Semesters of College I have remaining

4 - - - Jobs I have held (Johnny Carino's, the Surgery Center, BJ's, the Finish Line)

3 - - - Jobs I have quit (Always on good terms, though)

0 - - - Address Changes (Fingers crossed for "by the end of 2007")

100's - - - Movies I have watched (I can only assume)

2 - - - NBA seasons that have been completed

2 - - - NBA seasons that have left me depressed

4 - - - Suns/Lakers games I have attended

1 - - - Suns victory

Approximately 4000 - - - Dollars I have put towards my car loan

Approximately 5000 - - - Dollars I owe on my car loan

2 - - - Times I have been pulled over by a police officer

0 - - - Tickets I have received

1 - - - Girlfriend I have had; my wonderful Heather (Also an accomplishment)

3.5 - - - Years we have been together

Infinity - - - Times I have mentioned her in my blogs

- - - - - - - - - - - -

So what do these numbers mean? Not much. But it's a lot of fun to recall the last two years of my existence. I have seen lots of things, done many wrongs, made countless mistakes, and accomplished very much. The next two years are going to be more of the same with CSUN beginning next Friday (shh, don't remind me!) and the FL becoming better (because of the whole A.M. thing). Big things are in the future (the rest of this year will have several notable events, I promise) for me and because of this blog, you (yes, YOU!) can be a part of all of it.

And I hope you are.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I will leave you with what I said two years ago (and also in last year's FIRST Anniversary post) because I find it to be the best way to close.

Thanks for reading as always!

"And so begins the blogging journal of yours truly, Master Justin Gott. Is one's life complete without the emergence of a blog in their life? Do people actually read these so-called "Web Logs"? Is this even gonna work or am I completely over my head in technical mumbo-jumbo? I don't even know, so we're gonna learn together. That's right. All four of you will read this.
Thanks for reading. Thank you. And Goodnight."

Until next time,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was fun to read!!!

Anonymous said...

it WAS fun to read :) I love looking forward to your posts and to where we'll be after two more years. I know we share at least two goals to reach by August of '09:Graduate, Get Married, and Start Making Some REAL Money! :) Can't wait. Bring it on! ;) Love you.

Anonymous said...

Time is flying by isn't it!! Try and enjoy the moments as they are zooming by. I appreciate some of the wise decisions you are making, and the directions you are taking. Your decisions now greatly affect your future and what will become of it. I know that yours will be bright.

malloryrose said...

Well, fourth comment and last reader I guess! Haha just kidding :-) I like this blog! Congrats on the accomplishments, changes, and especially your hopes for the future. It's looking bright :-)