Tuesday, October 02, 2007

It's Been Awhile, So. . . A Smörgåsbord!!!

I'm sitting here and it's 2230 on a Tuesday night - I'm alone in my room and at the moment it is Jon Stewart who is keeping me company (although it will be Stephen Colbert here in just a minute). Heather is at her apartment having fun with her new friends. I have literally no friends that live near me anymore, and it is beginning to take its toll on me. But I will get to that here in just a second. Until then, just enjoy the Swedish-inspired fun that follows : )

I have been getting some questions from some of you about THE ROAD TO NOWHERE, and yes, it will be finished soon. I have two parts remaining to write and they are already done in my head - I just have to type them out. How about this: Part VI will be written by next Tuesday and Part VII (the last Part - I figure if I go out like Harry Potter then good things will happen haha!) will be posted by the end of October. So you can expect that much!

Also, the main reason that my blogging has been sparse is the immense amount of stuff that is on my life's plate (not unlike a Smörgåsbord. . .). I have continued my 30+ hours a week at the FL and have been learning more every week about managerial-type stuff. I have also worked it out so that I can have every other Sunday off (starting the 14th) so that I can spend some time with Heather, giving us a guaranteed day that we can spend together a week (she will come home the other weekends that I work since we can spend more time together this way - she has every Sunday off from her new job). That is nice and I will be looking forward to every Sunday now :) Just call it Heatherday!!!

The only other thing that is making me happy is the fact that the 2007-2008 NBA season is less than 30 days away! I already put together my Season Preview (which will be posted before the season begins) and I'll let you know this much: My bias has not (and will never!!!) change!!! More to come on that in the coming weeks, of course, but I do want to address my good ol' friend Shawn Marion, the resident whining S.O.B. on my beloved Phoenix Suns. You sir will not be traded this season. No one is willing to pay you $20 million a season because, wait for it, you aren't worth that much!!! If you did receive that raise, you would be among the top 5 in the NBA in salaries. . . You would make more than Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant, and Tracy McGrady! This just in, sir: You are none of those players. Your job this year is to play like you have these last eight years as a Sun and see if you get an extension at the end of the year. We tried to trade you this summer for KG (which would have been PERFECT - I was willing to do a Marion/Diaw/Banks plus a pick for KG and a pick and it seemed that Minnesota was as well, but we all know how that ended up) and you vetoed it cuz Minnesota was not where you wanted to go! Thanks buddy. Now you owe us another Marion-like year with as little pouting as possible, por favor. That would be great for once!

Now that I'm off my soap box, I have to mention my complete disdain for my schoolwork. I am a procrastinator at heart and my laziness is taking over. When I get home from school (after that hour drive home!) the last thing that I want to do is homework - think about it, though! I spend upwards of 6 hours in class which is surrounded by an hour of driving both ways and when I arrive home all I want to do is relax. I'm putting very little effort into my schoolwork so far and it is sad, but I have yet to be motivated by anything but my Journalism 210 class and that is just because I respect my teacher, know that she thinks I'm smart (rightfully so. . .), and realize that she has connections in the business - I'm just trying to play my cards right! But other than that, I could not care less. Apathy is slowly taking me over like that black suit took over Peter Parker and Eddie Brock in SPIDER-MAN 3 (which comes out on DVD on 10/30 and I don't think I'm gonna get it actually. . . I haven't decided on that one just yet).





























What else have I been burning on??? Well I'm loving that the Fall TV season has hit! I mentioned a few shows last time but since then, THE OFFICE has had its premiere (which was awesome!) and HOUSE has had two episodes, and I'm stoked to see where this season is headed! I will be watching the season premiere of 30 ROCK to see Jerry Seinfeld and also to see if the show can reel me in, which it did not do last year. . . a second chance, if you will!

I have not seen a movie since 3:10 TO YUMA, which was really good by the way. I'm sad because as of Friday there will be no movies that I really want to see at our local Cinemark 22 (save for a repeat viewing of YUMA). . . but once all the limited released stuff starts being expanded, I'll be making some trips to the movies

. . . Probably by myself. . .

So now it's time for that discussion. . . I'm having a major pity party about this, so just deal with it. I'm busy. Too busy. But that time when I'm not is usually filled with homework or internet perusing/TV watching. All of those activities take place with me, myself, and I being the only people involved. I'm so unbelievably happy for Heather and the fact that she has found some presumably cool friends to hang out and chill with through the week. But it also pains me to think about since I am completely alone. I have been remarking to Aimee that she is my best friend besides Heather, simply because we enjoy hanging around each other and we are around each other quite a bit (well, more than other people I know). I have no problems with that notion, but a guy needs more friends than his girl and his sister, no matter how great each of them are. The list can go on: George is in Georgia as I may have mentioned before and we communicate simply through texting and Myspace messages. Romique moved to Woodland Hills, now works at the Topanga Canyon FL, and we saw each other on Friday for the first time in about a month. I rarely talk to Cy since he moved down to Los Angeles and started his extra-Antelope Valley life down at USC. And Justin and Manny? Yeah, um, they're still in my phone book, but I'm not expecting a call anytime soon. Part of that is because I have been kind of a bad friend. I don't attend get-together events (thanks, school) and don't enthusiastically respond to the offers when they come around. I guess I would rather bitch about the fact that I have no friends and sit quietly in my room, blog, and listen to music.

Whatever - it is what it is.

. . .

I cleaned my room last weekend and it looks really good! So good, in fact, that I would welcome any one of you over to see just how clean it is (just don't open up that closet door haha!). I'm somewhat preparing to move (I just took a ten minute break to call up Chelsea about our apartment hunting situation actually. . .) and I still am hoping for the end of the year, but we'll see what happens. I really like this complex here, with this floor plan here, specifically. Look for things to start happening here in the next month!

I did have some INSIGHTFUL INSIGHTS to throw in here too, but I can't remember them right now. . . so I guess I'll just conclude with that.

Thanks for reading and come back soon because I will be trying to post at least twice a week during the rest of the semester.

(O, and I'm tied for first in my football pool - - just gotta keep it up like always!!!)

Thanks again and I'll talk to ya when I talk to ya

Until then,

No comments: