Sunday, October 21, 2007

Strugg-a-ling

So here's the thing:

It's now just past midnight and it is officially Monday.

I have a book report due in a class I have at 1900 today (seeing that it is Monday) on a book that I not only haven't read, but don't even own! It's for my MARRIAGE AND FAMILY RELATIONS class, so I know I can masterfully B.S. my way through a two page reaction and response report, but that is beside the point. I haven't started. I guess that's the point. . .

You see, I'm in a major rut. Or a funk. Or a whatsitdoesit. . .

Either way, you catch my drift. Not only do I have that report due at 7, but I have a so-called Media Deconstruction on the role of women sportscasters in the media world (which contains a five minute presentation about what we have learned, a one page Abstract describing my position, an annotated bibliography with five legitimate sources, and a Talk Back Letter, which I really don't understand at all) on Tuesday. O and what about the 500-word newspaper article about the in-class guest speaker that is due on Wednesday by noon. . .

This is week 9 of my semester right now. Weeks 13 and 14 just might kill me and I certainly wont kill you via the details of those weeks until they get closer, but let me just say that I have my metaphorical plate filled.

So then my friends Mallory and Cy decided to blog tonight after at-least-month-long absences from the blogging world and I felt like I had to as well. . . But again, I didn't feel like it, because that would completely take away from my severe procrastination.

You see, these are just a few things that I would rather be doing than the homework that I am supposed to be doing, (didn't you know that studying the role of women in the sideline reporting business will get me a really great job one day. . .)

- Finishing the season of STUDIO 60 ON THE SUNSET STRIP which I bought last week (o wait, I've been doing that anyway - I'm done with disc four of six to be exact). I am so saddened by the fact that I will never see a new episode of this fantastic show that I completely fell in love with last year. The characters, the writing, and the chemistry are just three reasons why you need to go rent (or buy, for that matter - you will like it!) the entire series (only one season, unfortunately) today!

- Reading any of my books that I am enjoying immensely but seem to have no time to continue (including INTO THE WILD, the book that the new Sean Penn-helmed film is based on, and Stephen Colbert's I AM AMERICA AND SO CAN YOU).

- Putting my thoughts together on either a nice film review of MICHAEL CLAYTON, the first film I have seen in theaters in forever (hint: it's really good!) or the NBA Preview that I have still yet to complete. . . and thank God the season actually begins in less than two weeks! Something else I can distract myself with instead of doing homework!

- Cleaning my room. Sounds silly, I know, but my room looked great about two weeks ago and it has slowly turned into the pigsty that it has grown used to being.

- Get a haircut. Although that would definitely be more difficult at 0100 in the morning, which it is now.

- Be at a Halloween party with Heather and her friends. Which, by the way, I will be doing next Tuesday night and yes, I will be wearing this:































- Receiving and adoring my brand new Phoenix Suns gear that I purchased through the NBA store online. Yes, I could have waited for Christmas. But I figured I would just ask for one of the other sweatshirts. . . I bought these and I could not be more excited!






























- How about doing anything with Heather? Whether it is talking to her online (which we do a lot of since we both are on our computers so much) or cuddling with her on a couch (which we can't do nearly enough of) all I want is to spend time with my better half. She is the best!

- Watching videos like this:



And this (it's Heather's fave song right now):



And. . . THIS:



- Or. . . going to sleep. Which I am going to do now at 0130. . .

Wow, I'm screwed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Justin, I am really proud of all that you do! (I know, mushy gushy, but I had to say it.) Love You Bro!

malloryrose said...

Sorry you're in a funk. I hope that things ease up on ya. I'm excited for your new job, though! Talk to you later...

[Go Tribe!... even though they lost...]

Anonymous said...

I found another word of yours! hahaha..see if you can guess which one it is. Love you!