Wednesday, October 03, 2007

2007 MLB Playoff Predictions

The MLB Playoffs start today (already did, actually - - I have to be honest) and I have to give out my predictions sure to be wrong -

Last year, I predicted that the Twins would beat the Mets in the World Series - - well, what actually happened was that the Twins were bounced in the first round and the Mets lost in the NLCS. So I was very wrong. . .

But that doesn't mean that I don't have any info about this playoff run, and here are those predictions that will undoubtedly be incorrect by the time November hits:

NLDS:

Diamondbacks over Cubs in 5

Simply because of the home-field advantage (and if I had a team, it would be my hometown team, so I have to make the homer pick!) - - Brandon Webb will win two games and the D-Backs will pull it out in the end!

Rockies over Phillies in 5

I made this prediction in my head before this afternoon's game began - it's true. You will have to trust me on this one (at this exact moment, it is 4-2 Rockies in the top of the 9th) - - Even though everyone thinks the Phils are gonna go all the way in the NL, I truly think the way that the Rockies made it to the playoffs will carry them through the first round. . . and further??

NLCS:

Diamondbacks over Rockies in 6

Don't ask why. I can't even name five guys on either team - it's true. Call it a hunch on this one.

ALDS:

Red Sox over Angels in 4

The Angels are injured and the Red Sox own the Angels over the last few years. This is the best chance for a sweep in the first round.

Indians over Yankees in 5

It's all about pitching and the Indians have two of the best pitchers in the entire league (so I read) and as far as I know, the Yankees are trotting out old fogies like Andy Pettite, Roger Clemens, and Mike Mussina. Yes, their offense is superior to the Indians, but I like the Cleveland team to take out the perennial favorites.

ALCS:

Red Sox over Indians in 6

As much as I want to pick the upset, I have a feeling the Sox are gonna make it back to the World Series after a three year absence.

World Series:

Diamondbacks over Red Sox in 7

I have to go biased and homer with this pick. Think about it though. . . the last time we all counted out the National League (last year) we ended up with a terrible Cardinals team winning it all! I also know that the last time the D-Backs made it this far, they were victorious and took the baseball world by storm when Luis Gonzalez blooped that single off of Mariano Rivera to beat down the Yanks. So it will come again - -

The World Series MVP will be ace Brandon Webb in the same way that Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling did it all that year they won. And that's just the way it will happen!

No comments: