Monday, February 13, 2006

Things To Do When You're Procrastinating

Well I have found quite a few things this afternoon/evening. I have a PHILOSOPHY paper due tomorrow and I just can't do it. Nothing can get me to do it. Well except maybe that I HAVE to do it! Dangit. Late night. So here's the list (and it's only partial - I'm still discovering other winners):

- Watch A Movie (I watched 2 today - I went and saw GOOD NIGHT, AND GOOD LUCK by myself - no pity parties please - at CINEMARK 22 this afternoon. It was a well-shot film with a great story and great performances. If it wasn't so hard to follow, I may have enjoyed it more. Grade: B+; I also watched HIDE AND SEEK on HBO tonight. That is that awful Robert De Niro film from last year where little Dakota Fanning says she has an imaginary friend and then all sorts of crazy crap starts happening. Meh. I wasn't impressed, scared, or altogether interested, but again, it was better than doing homework. Grade: D)

- Bother Good-Student Girlfriend (I did this several times tonight. Poor Heather. I would just call to see how she was doing, knowing full well that she was trying to be a dedicated student. Talking to her is one of my most favorite things. I'd do it even if I wasn't procrastinating!)

- Check ESPN.COM for nothing in particular (I do this every now and then. It's more of a "hypothetical situation" thing that I create in my head. Just making sure my SUNS are doing ok and that my hated-LAKERS are doing poorly. So far, so good.)

- Walk Around (Boring, but better than bullshitting a homework assignment)

- Blogging (This was one of those obvious things, huh?)

- Twiddle Thumbs (Way better than it's cracked up to be!)

- Pick Up Shifts (I worked as a Host this morning from 1100-1600. I also picked up my tips from Saturday - $75! I like this TT thing)

- Stop Procrastinating ("Everything must end badly. Otherwise, it wouldn't come to an end." - That's from the great, that's right - great, Tom Cruise film COCKTAIL. I feel that it has many truisms within it. Is truism a word? Either way, I gotta mosey on forward)

On to my paper. Gotta create something at least. Wish me luck!

Good night, and good luck (I need a catchphrase. . .),

JUSTIN

No comments: