Friday, February 03, 2006

Drama Thy Name is "The O.C."

More on that drama-overflowing, night-time soap-opera later. The last few days have been interesting and have moved rather quickly. You wanna know why? O c'mon, I bet you do. . .

Well Thursday I had school. Now, I couldn't fall asleep on Wednesday night until close to 0230 and that posed a problem at 0800 when I needed to wake up. I slept in a little later than that but was still at school in plenty of time to begin my day, which went as well as could be expected. It still is school:

HISTORY - Notes. Nothing changes in this class, which is fine, but still. . .

PHILOSOPHY - The class is filled with morons. I'll put it that way.

COMMUNICATIONS - A highlight of my day as we began the film WINDTALKERS, starring Nicolas Cage (have I not stated before that I am a GINORMOUS fan of Cage?) because of it's central theme of communication. We spent all class watching it and will conclude it on Tuesday. This was a nice break.

ASTRONOMY - First test of my second semester in college. It went pretty well I think. Because of his grading style and such, I am confident that I got an "A" on it.

I was outta there by 1500 and off to where my mind had been all day. I left school, headed home, changed, and vamanosed (I know it's not grammatically correct - or any kind of correct - but I like using spanglish. So sue me.) to THE LB to surprise my wonderful Heather. She had absolutely NO IDEA that I was coming, and that was mostly due to the fact that I told her that I was at work! Traffic was ridiculous and it took me almost 3 hours to get down there. I stopped off and got her flowers and then the surprise was on. I walked up to her door and then texted her something to the effect of: "Did you get the flowers that I sent? Check your front door." Well, she checked her front door and let out a scream (it was loud ha ha) when she saw me standing there with flowers. It was incredible. I don't know if I've ever hugged her so tightly! It was great to be with her!

Since she had already eaten (freakin' traffic) she suggested we go to the grocery store since she needed to go anyway. We went and got some things for her and some things to make for my dinner. We got back to her place and she made me macaroni and cheese to go along with the fried chicken we'd gotten. It was yummy :D

As I ate, we watched CRASH. I just plain love that movie. It rests firmly in the Number 2 slot on my ALL-TIME list and I don't see it ever moving. I still cry at the same parts ("It's a really good cloak") and I still react the same to all of the twists and turns. THIS is the best film of 2005 and should receive the honor of BEST PICTURE at the ACADEMY AWARDS. We'll see. Anywho, she hadn't seen it, so this was why we watched it. She really liked it and actually had me leave it there to maybe rewatch it. Good stuff. We played Egyptian War like always and chatted about school, us, her dad, and anything we could bring up. We both shared that it was great just to be together and that it really didn't matter what we did as long as we were in the same room! I left and headed home (again, the freakin' hardest thing that I have to do!) and sleepily returned safely. A great night all around and one I certainly won't forget. I owe it all to Stacy for covering my shift. Thanks girl!

I slept in a bit this morning (1100) and got myself out of bed and in the shower since I had to be at work at 1230. I went in and did my thing til almost 1730 and then got to go home. I didn't know what to do with myself, as tonight was one of my first free Friday nights since I started at Johnny Carino's. I decided on Nintendo with the brother, reading, dinner and convo with the madre, some online poker, and THE O.C. from last night with the hermana. You see, I got Aimee hooked last week when I watched 3 episodes back-to-back-to-back via good ol' TIVO. She watched with me and I paused it to interject backstory for her so she could follow along. Well, we watched it again tonight and every commercial I would say the same thing: DRAMA. The show is so dramatic, it's not even funny! There is no possible way that any of this could happen to the same city, let alone the same small group of people. Either way, I still like it and am glad that I have someone to watch it with. Thanks Aimee.

And yes, I'm aware that it is February and that I owe y'all an ENTERTAINMENT preview, but that will have to wait until THE WEEKEND GRAB-BAG on Sunday. Can you wait???

Thanks folks - - Have a good weekend and enjoy SUPER BOWL SUNDAY! I know I will!

- - - "Life is not tried, it is merely survived, when you're standing outside the fire."
- - - "Standing Outside the Fire" by GARTH BROOKS

Goodnight,

HUSTEEN

No comments: