Friday, October 20, 2006

T.G.I.F.

I wanna say this is my first Friday post since the beginning, but I doubt it. The reason I'm doing this is because I'm waiting for my wonderful Heather, who just got home, to get herself together before we go out gallavanting around the town. We have dinner plans as well as tickets to go see THE PRESTIGE tonight at our Cinemark 22. I can't wait!!!

But as for the last couple days, well, I'm just glad they're over. I did not have a very good week (neither did Heather) so we are both stoked that is Friday and we can both see each other and enjoy each other's company.

On Wednesday I had a BIO test and that went as good as can be expected, I guess. I probably got a 78. That's my prediction (you see, I did not study for the first test and I got a 78 and I did study for the second test and also got a 78 - I studied a very little bit for this one. . .) for that. I also had English on Wednesday. We're in the middle of a HAMLET unit, so that's kinda tedious. I like Shakespeare, but not for three straight weeks. . . (Note: yes, I've acted in a Shakespeare play - Twelfth Night - so I can handle lots of Shakespeare. I guess I don't really like Hamlet all that much. Meh.)

I spent almost three hours on Wednesday night looking on AUTO TRADER. I looked at over 2500 cars!!! The thing that sucked was that probably 75% were either Ford Focus, Ford Taurus, or Nissan Sentra in nature. I don't want any of those cars. You can see my frustration. . . Of all of those cars that I looked through, I found 10 that interested me and saved them. I hope that one of them works out. I really want a new car!

I got a call from Chelsea late Wednesday night asking me if I could take Barbara to work Thursday morning. You see, Barbara has had some medical problems in the last six months or so, and cannot drive for awhile. So, Chels needed to do something else on Thursday morning and so I was the only person she could call on short notice. I agreed, and was at their house at 0745 to pick her up, despite getting around five hours of sleep.

I went to JOURNALISM and HISTORY and then I vegged until 0300 when I went to the high school (DCHS) to watch Aimee's volleyball game. She is on the JV team, and she is really doing well. I'm excited to watch high school sports instead of playing them. It will be a totally different experience. However, I certainly would not mind playing again. . .

After their game (they won!) I hurried home to take an online exam (my PSYCH class). I was on question 36 out of 50 when I lost my internet connection and got kicked off the website. I was fuming! I e-mailed my teacher asking him unlock the test for me so that I could try it again. I had to go to work at 1800, so I left before getting a reply. I was hopeful. . .

Work was pretty good. We weren't that busy, but we were steady enough that I was always doing something. I got out of there around 2330 and was home before midnight. I had a new e-mail from my PSYCH teacher and he said that he had unlocked my test, which would allow me to retake it. Very exciting!

I woke up this morning around 0900 to go to breakfast with my parents and grandparents (mom's mom and stepdad) who are here this weekend. We went to CRAZY OTTO'S. I'm still full now :D Conversation was good, too. We talked about minimum wage (and how I think it should be raised - the federal one - and why they don't agree with me), college, next year, the past, and the future. Good times. Good food. Just plain good.

Something that worries me is my renewed affinity for MADDEN on PS2. I popped back in the game the other night and now I seem to be playing it during my down time. If this habit continues, things could get ugly for me!

A couple sports notes, and then I'll be done:

- TIGERS/CARDINALS in the World Series. I'm bored already (go Tigers!) - - Prediction: Tigers in 5

- Basketball time is right around the corner (11 days!). Expect my NBA preview next week sometime (SNEAK PREVIEW: Suns win it all???)

- Very funny piece in Bill Simmons' article from today about this weekend's Jags/Texans game:

"According to STATS, Jacksonville ranks second in the league in opposing time of possession (26.32); Houston ranks 31st (33.31). Jacksonville ranks second in fewest first downs allowed (70); Houston ranks 28th (119). And Jacksonville has given up the least number of drives that lasted 10 plays or more (two out of 61 potential drives) and Houston has given up the fourth-most (12 out of 50).

(Translation: I think Jacksonville will have the ball more than Houston in this game.)"

I love this guy. He's a great sports writer/blogger!

- You want my picks for this week? Well ok then! (trying it out - let me know what you think.)

(home team in CAPS)

CINCINNATI over Carolina
- (upset - kinda - of the week)


NEW YORK JETS over Detroit
(I like the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS - They're pretty good)


Green Bay over MIAMI
(I don't pick a team with either Daunte Culpepper or Joey Harrington starting at QB - Unfortunately, those are the only two options for the Dolphins)


Jacksonville over HOUSTON
(not much to say here - almost a sure thing)


New England over BUFFALO
(might be closer than you'd think)


Philadelphia over TAMPA BAY
(Eagles are upset after last week - blowout!)


Pittsburgh over ATLANTA
(Two teams going opposite ways)


San Diego over KANSAS CITY
(Chargers just might be the best team in the AFC without Peyton Manning as a QB)


Denver over CLEVELAND
(just call it now - why do the Browns even try?)


Arizona over OAKLAND
(Just what the Cards needed after last week's stomach punch loss to the Bears! The Raiders!)


SEATTLE over Minnesota
(It's in Seattle. It's over.)


INDIANAPOLIS over Washington
(Peyton off of a bye week. Hmmmm...)


New York Giants over DALLAS
(tough Monday-nighter...)



There you have it! Root hard for me huh?

Well I'm gonna skidaddle. Have a great Friday night everybody and enjoy your weekend. I'll holla at you either Sunday or Monday with a GRAB-BAG. We'll see. . .

Until later,

JUSTIN

No comments: