Wednesday, October 11, 2006

An Irregular Ménage à Trois

Yep, that's not only misleading but it's also kinda redundant (cuz those silly ideas for spicing up love lives are extremely odd in my opinion). No that kind of thing isn't on the ol' noggin or anything. It's just that tonight, in a way, I experienced a night that included three things and that was my first idea for a title. And plus you came looking or kept reading, so what does that say about you???

Sorry.

So the three participants in my evening were Zours, SCRUBS, and pouting, lonely me. Yep. A pretty boring love life no? Not even Zach Braff could really spice up my night (although he does make me laugh. . .).

I worked Tuesday night and I actually had a really good night. That is, until 2145, a mere 15 minutes before our doors locked. You see, we were dead at 2100. I had every table clean (yes, every table) and was beginning my sidework with the assistance of the bored closing servers. I was gonna get outta there at 2015 at the absolute latest. Then, six people ruined my night. A party of four walked through our doors at 2145 and five minutes later, two older ladies came in for appetizers and soup. The party of four did not leave until almost 2300 (yes, an hour after we close!) and I didn't leave until 2315 (after being off the clock for 15 minutes!). How can people do this, you might ask. It's a complete lack of respect for the hard-working individuals who serve you your food (or seat you or cook your meal or clean up after you leave). I have never, and will never, go into a restaurant that close to closing. It's wrong. It's messed up. It's evil (it's gotta be in the Bible somewhere - I'm pretty sure Jesus never went to a restaurant right before closing!). Don't do it. Please.

I slept in this morning and then went to Biology. I don't like this class, but at least my teacher's antics keep me awake. . . I hurried home and finished my English essay (a Formalist approach to the short story The Lottery by Shirley Jackson focusing on the third person objective point of view that she uses - - exciting huh?) before class began at 1545. I made it to class (a few minutes late, though) and we then proceeded to watch HAMLET, but not the one you're thinking about (which my guess was either Kenneth Branagh's version or the one with Mel Gibson). It was the 2000 version starring Ethan Hawke. This is a modern re-telling of the famous Shakesperean play (much like Baz Luhrmann's ROMEO + JULIET). It was supposed to put us in the mood for the reading of Hamlet. Well, it was a weird movie (very hard to follow - I wanted them to start talking normal dangit!) but I could see what they were looking to do. Meh. I like Shakespeare and all, but I just don't get all that giddy about reading it. We have to perform a couple of scenes over the next couple of weeks. However, my group (myself and two somewhat quiet girls) is kinda meh. O well. I'm being optimistic!!!

I came home and was very mopey. The biggest reason, I believe, was because I came home to an empty house. Everyone was out and about and I was left by myself. Now usually I would like this, but I have not seen a whole lot of my family recently with all of our busy schedules, so I was wishing that they would be there. They weren't.

So I resorted to watching my recently purchased fourth season of SCRUBS, my favorite comedy. . . ever!!! I'm already done with the first two discs (there's only three. . .). I love this show! I understand it's an acquired sense of humor (it's pretty goofy and out there, but once you get into the frame of mind, it's just plain hilarious!), but I love it. O, I also bought the new Amos Lee CD (I found out about this guy on the soundtrack for THE LAST KISS, ironically - or not - composed by SCRUBS star Zach Braff) this week. Very good. I love his single ("Shout Out Loud") and the CD can be described as easy-listening. Good stuff.

Furthermore, I love Zours. They are incredible. If you want to brighten my day, give me a pack (or a box - go to Wal-Mart for these :D ). I enjoyed one of these small boxes while watching my SCRUBS. They make me smile. Or maybe that's my jaw screaming because it's too much sugar. . . I guess I'll never know.

So now that it is 0030, I'm gonna go to bed. Busy day tomorrow. I have some exciting news (actually, it's a few things) but you'll have to wait for all of that). Ha! I have power!!!

I apologize for that. . . I kinda lost it for a second. . .

Goodnight all!

- - - "To be or not to be. . ."
- - - Hamlet in Shakespeare's HAMLET

JUSTIN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, When I heard of they guys coming in late at your work. I could only think of Waiting. Where they are close to closing and then that guy walks in and they are all screaming I just hope you guys didn't alter their food any. Lol anyways Next time I see you I'll need to bring you some Zours, I love scrubs as well. I only have the first season though I need to get the rest, <(;*~*;)>.
"So when we die were do we meet in heaven?" "By the milkshake pool on the Lesbian cloud" "See you there Brother! O man I love relegion"
One of my favorite parts lol.