Monday, June 19, 2006

The Week Grab-Bag: The Home Again, Home Again (Jiggity Jig) Version

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love home. It's approximately (if I had to guesstimate - - ) eighty-six times better than living out of a hotel in La Palma.

I'd like to begin by welcoming all of the in JOHNNY CARINO'S in Downey staff members who found my note on the Host Stand. Enjoy. And to my fellow trainers who decided to make their way here too (hi Na-ta-ta-talia! - there's your hello!): Welcome. Make yourselves at home. Mi casa es su casa. Yo hablo poquito espanol. Taco. Burrito. Quesadilla.....

So I am now back home in wonderful Lancaster. My week was uber-long (did I use "uber" correctly there?) and I'm really glad it's over. I managed a measly 58 hours this week (nothing in comparison to the 61 of the previous week...) and that gives me a total of 119 hours over two weeks time. I don't work that much in a month at my store (restaurant, not store)! Either way, my week flew by at times, and lagged at times. But no matter what happened (and what didn't), it's all over, and I've now reclaimed my throne in my manor. The Rambler has returned.

I'm planning a second week recap for tomorrow, as tonight I am kinda sleepy (four hours of sleep will do that to you - hey, it was our last night together as trainers!). I'm waffling between watching KISS KISS, BANG BANG or DAVE CHAPELLE'S BLOCK PARTY (both arrived from Netflix while I was gone). I'm leaning towards KISS. Yes. That is what I'm going to do.

Goodnight for now - - and stay safe Downey, CA. Watch out for crazy serial killers holed up in apartments across from a shopping mall. . .

- - - "You know how you laugh? You smile and then let go!"
- - - The brother (almost 5 now) at dinner tonight. Priceless

Later Later,

Baby J

No comments: