Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Enter Witty Title Here

You know, after two weeks of not blogging (or not blogging consistently), it's very hard to get back into the swing of things. Work tonight caused me to be home at 2330 as well, so that also makes blogging difficult. I'll do my best to get a little out for you. I know you need me. . .

(O, and blog titles are really hard to come up with. I have tried throughout the time that it's taken me to write all of the rest of this - I'm writing this little bit after all that's after it; isn't that trippy? - and I can't come up with anything good. Natalia, a fellow trainer of mine who remains in Downey for a third week, mentioned that I could just do what I ended up titling this one. I like it. You come up with a title for once! Ha...)

Random movie recommendations:
- KISS KISS, BANG BANG (Grade: A+): Wow. This movie is so smartly written (Shane Black - also the director - is a freakin' genius) and I was drawn into the film in the first thirty seconds. Loved it. However. It's not for everyone. But it was for me (I'm a gigantic Robert Downey Jr. fan) and I completely recommend it. One of the best films of last year (probably second, only behind CRASH) and I'm moving it into my TOP 30, maybe even TOP 10. Yes, I liked it that much!
- DAVE CHAPELLE'S BLOCK PARTY (Grade: B+): Very funny (anything with Dave is) and very cool music. Also not for everyone. If you don't like rap, R&B, or Chapelle's comedy (including mucho profanity) then this film is not for you. If you are a fan of any or all of the above mentioned characteristics, then you should go rent this movie tomorrow. Do it, before someone else who read this beats you to Blockbuster!

So at work tonight, I was kinda wigging out. You see, the Downey restaurant we just opened up looks exactly the same as my home restaurant in Palmdale. There are just a couple miniscule differentiations. 1) It's backwards. Or inside out. I don't know how'd you put it, but either way, the two restaurants are exact mirror images of each other. And when I say mirror, I mean like when you read your shirt in the mirror and have no idea what it says. Get it? So, Table 50 is where Table 20 should be, and all that jazz. It's weird. 2) The floor is a different color! At Downey, it was an orangish, woodish color. Palmdale has black floor. What a difference! Our restaurant is dark, kinda dreary. The other one was bright, inviting, and nicer looking. Ours is busier. We win. 3) Palmdale people rock! I missed my managers (some of them - Jennifer and Tim fo sho.... wait that's all but one...) and I missed the servers that like me back home. Tonight was fun because I got to work with Chris, a TT that I really like working with. We make a good team. I'm happy I'm home. That's pure and simple.

Well I'm going to retire for the evening because I wanna wake up and watch the U.S.A. - GHANA game in the morning. Wait! You haven't been watching the WORLD CUP??!!?? Let me tell you what's goin down: I never watch soccer. I never play soccer. But every four years (kinda like the Olympics and elections) I get caught up in the excitement of the WORLD CUP. So here's the dealio with the game in the morning. Both teams need a win to advance (and a win by Italy over the Czech Republic - - not sure about that either) and it's the last chance for both. So because of the time difference (this WORLD CUP is in Germany), the game starts at 0630 or some ungodly hour like that. I'm aiming for an 0800 eye-opening time so I can catch the waning seconds. Minutes. Stoppage time. Whatever.

And I just bought the new RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS cd (entitled Stadium Arcadium). Excellent shtuff! I like it more than By The Way. It's a great buy.

- - For those of you who are sports fans (particularly the greatest sport ever - basketball), my favorite columnist (and fellow blogger) Bill Simmons wrote an outstanding article about the potential fate of the NBA following a Miami Heat championship. Well it happened. Let's hope what he predicts doesn't happen. And until November, when the 06-07 takes off, get better Amare! Here's the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060620

Later. By the by, all of you who read this - - you are my inspiration. Goodnight.

The Rambler

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Guess what? As one of my lowly intern assignments I had to call like 100 bars across the country and confirm that they were showing the World Cup, and people were like, "Uh, is that the soccer game on ESPN?" "Uh..the World Cup, that's soccer right?" It was so funny! Of course, I hate soccer too, so I guess I can't mock them too much!

Just wanted to say hi...I miss chatting with you & seeing friends from home. All three of them...haha.
Talk to you later. ~Emily