Thursday, June 01, 2006

Loss. L-O-S-S. Loss

Well I'm bummed right now, so go ahead and read between the lines at the pure depression that has set in. The Phoenix Suns, my favorite sports team on the planet, is now one game away from elimination. Again. A bright thought is our 4-0 record in games so far this postseason when we are facing elimination. Let's just hope we move to 6-0 (that would mean we're going to the Finals).

I watched some of the Scripps National Spelling Bee today. It was nationally televised for the first time (it's usually on ESPN, but tonight it was on ABC - - I watched the preliminary rounds on ESPN) and so it was kind of a big deal. This show reeks of "nerdity" (n-e-r-d-i-t-y; the word's origin - or entymology - is Collegian) and the parents are absolutely hilarious. Apparently a girl won for the first time since 1999 (girl power!) with the word "ursprache" - I have never even heard of that word! These middle schoolers - some even younger! - are incredible! Incredibly deprived of a life, that is. Turns out, there were bets taken in the Vegas circuit as well as around the event! There were bets about if an "e" would be the last letter in the final word (shoulda taken that one!), if the winner would be a glasses-wearer (don't take that one - she wasn't), and which sex the winner would be. That alone makes this a really interesting, funny, and absolutely unnecessary event (but so does the kid who talks into his hand - but that's another story).

Today was a complete loss of a day, speaking of losing. This was the epitome of a boring Summer day. I did almost catch up on HOUSE episodes (I only have two remaining) but other than that, I really feel like I wasted today. I guess it's ok since my next two weeks are gonna be one continuous work period, but I just don't like sitting around home. Call me crazy.

I'm in the mood to laugh tonight because of my sadness (hopefully this is temporary sadness... They better win on Saturday) so I'm probably gonna do a double dip with the two newest films I received from Netflix. The first will be DAVE ATTELL'S INSOMNIAC TOUR (the only reason I got this was because it features Dane Cook) and then THE ORIGINAL KINGS OF COMEDY, the stand-up special featuring Steve Harvey, Cedric the Entertainer, D.L. Hughley, and Bernie Mac. Hopefully laughs are in my future tonight. . .

Have a good night (what's left of it) and I'll see you around tomorrow.

Maybe.

- - - "1-2-3, Spell"
- - - Post-huddle chant by the contestants of the Spelling Bee. . . Wow

Night,

Justin. J-U-S-T-I-N. Justin

No comments: