Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Week Grab-Bag: The Old School Version

No, I'm not talking about the very funny Will Ferrell-Vince Vaughn-Luke Wilson comedy (although mentioning it does make me laugh). This past week has been filled with experiences that have caused reminiscing by yours truly. You'll see (and maybe, just maybe, you'll reminisce too. . .) what I'm talking about. Just keep on a-readin' internet friend - - (and remember, as always, it just might not be chronological, but it all gets there somehow, so. . .)

- I've been workin like a fool. One of my fellow TTs went on a vacation, so I am taking one of his days, giving me five days. In addition to that, we are one guy short on the weekends, so both yesterday and today we only had two TTs for the entire (busy) restaurant. More money, sure, but much more work. This coming week, I only have one day off (Friday) and I will have almost forty hours when all is said and done. I'm not doing much more than work, so it's ok, but I would like to enjoy my Summer a little more. There are grumblings around the restaurant that we have to be in Downey on June 3, so that's right around the corner. I hope that it's worth it. . .

- So, the Old School? Ok, well as I have mentioned recently, I have purchased SUPER SMASH BROTHERS for Nintendo 64 and have been playing it a bit. Justin has actually come over the last couple Wednesdays and we have played quite lengthily. It's fun to look back at how much time I spent during my middle school years playing the ol' Nintendo. I also have bought NFL BLITZ and EPISODE I: POD RACERS in the last week ($3 each!) so my N64 collection is growing. It's fun. Actually, forget that. It's A LOT of fun!

- On Friday (my day off last week) I wanted nothing more than to spend time with my wonderful Heather who was in town. She came home late Thursday night and I got to see her for a little bit before bedtime. She went to Yoga with Chels early Friday morning and I took the time to go back to Desert Christian High School to see my old favorite teacher/coach Mr. Thomas. I got to talk to him for a little bit, and I also saw a few other people that it was nice to see. After that, I went to the Mall to run some errands before meeting Heather and Chels back at their house. While they were out, they bought some water guns, water balloons, and. . . a SLIP-N-SLIDE! O yes, ladies and gentlemen, that's right. However, there have been vast improvements in the Slip-n-Slide business. Instead of the entire length of it being the same flat surface as the pool at the end, the initial portion is now blow-uppable (make sense - no? Ok, it's inflatable, whatever!). This makes for a much more safe (and comfortable) journey to the pool at the end. Great fun was had, including an air raid of water balloons on Barbara when she got home from work :D - - Friday night, the opportunity presented itself for me to go down to the LB with Heather without driving myself! Chels was going to the Queen Mary for a concert so we figured that she could spend the night at Heather's apartment with me and Heather and then Chels could take me home the next morning. It worked! We did that, and it was really fun. We went to a Japanese restaurant for dinner (my first sushi experience - - I ate chicken teriyaki though ha ha) and met some of Chels' friends there. When we parted ways, Heather and I went to watch JUST LIKE HEAVEN, a not-as-bad-as-I-had-thought romantic comedy featuring loveable Reese Witherspoon and cool Mark Ruffalo. Not a bad film, but certainly not WHEN HARRY MET SALLY. . . (Grade: B-)

- Ok, a quick TV update/review for ya: The season finales of SCRUBS and THE O.C. were on this past week. Both shows: WOW! SCRUBS ended quite jaw-droppingly and I can't wait for next year (although I have to wait til January or so for that!). THE O.C. ended (SPOILER WARNING. . .) exactly as I had predicited with the death of Marisa Cooper. Grumblings had run amok about contract and other disputes between Mischa Barton (the actress) and the producers, so her getting written off the show did not surprise me. Next week sees the season finales of HOUSE (although I am 7 episodes behind right now) and, I think, AMERICAN IDOL (GO TAYLOR!) so I look forward to that.

Well, I have to go to work now - - Dangit.

Have a good Sunday night.

GAME 7 - - SUNS. CLIPPERS. IN PHOENIX. TOMORROW NIGHT. 1930. WATCH! ROOT! CHEER! GO SUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later y'all,

JUSTIN

1 comment:

Cy said...

Thanks for the spoiler warning. I averted my eyes as soon as I saw 'spoiler' and moved down to the distracting bold font of the Suns game mention.

Haha man. Sounds like a good weekend was had.