Monday, May 15, 2006

I'm No Superman

Been watching a lot of SCRUBS recently. I love the theme song! (It's called "Superman" for those who don't know)

Anyway, since my last updating post, I've done quite a few things. I won't do a complete update today, but I'll give you bits and pieces of my last few days (actually since Cinco De Mayo - so ten days!). . .

As many of you know, I am now 19. My birthday was last Wednesday (the 10th) and I had to work on that night. It was lame, true, but it's not like I could get it off! Either way, I'm 19. And no, I don't feel any older. Nothing big happens when you turn 19. 21 is the big one. It's that one that I'm looking forward to. Cy and I have been planning a Vegas trip for my 21st since we started playing Poker. That's the big birthday.

And, as if on cue, the third season of SCRUBS (my all-time favorite show - period, end of story) came out on DVD on the 9th, so I got it for my birthday via the big sister (Chels - the sister-in-law, actually, but we're just that close at this point!). Of the 22 episodes in the season, I've now watched 19 (ha, that's ironic) in less than a week! I love SCRUBS!

Heather provided a spectacular birthday celebration for me on Friday the 12th. I went and saw her and we went to Seaport Village down in San Diego in the morning. We window-shopped and enjoyed the San Diego weather for a couple hours. We met her dad and his new wife in Carlsbad for lunch at a really nice (and really small!) French restaurant. After that (long) lunch, we went back to Long Beach and saw M:i:III. It was my second time watching the great Tom Cruise actioner and Heather's first. She enjoyed it a lot (as did I). After the movie we went back to her apartment where she spent almost an hour making me a birthday dinner!

Ok, I need to add something here. The dinner was a combo thing. Heather and I had a bet that revolved around AMERICAN IDOL. Her favorite singer of this season's finalists was Paris and mine is Taylor. We have both liked our respective favorites since their first audition and have rooted for them the entire way. When it got down to 10 or so, we made a bet. Whosever favorite got the furthest, the other had to make a romantic dinner for the winner. Paris got voted off a couple weeks ago (and Taylor remains in the TOP 3!) so I won! This dinner served as a birthday thing and a bet thing. You see how we do!

Anyway, dinner was spectacular! She made Chicken Fettucine (spelling? - and I work at an Italian restaurant!) Alfredo and a salad consisting of spinach leaves, strawberries, and pear slices topped with a dressing that she made from scratch! It was really really good and I can't wait for her to cook for me darn near every night once we get married (that's not a sexist comment - she wants to cook!). Her birthday gift for me was absolutely perfect (albeit unfortunate - you'll see). Lately, I've been quoted as saying that if I won the lottery that we would be married in a very short amount of time. Here's why: We could both continue on our schooling and career paths like we are now, but I could support her through the winnings, so we could get married then! That's the idea. Anyways, within my card, I got 10 lottery tickets for Saturday's drawing and a few scratchers. It was maybe the greatest idea ever! Unfortunately, they were not the winning numbers, and I only won $14 from the scratchers. I guess dreams don't always come true. . .

Mother's Day happened, and I had to work (as did everyone employed at JC). What a crazy night! Our restaurant made $25,000 the entire day, which is about double a usual weekend night. It was busy, to say the least!

But tonight, my family and I went to Valencia to go to CLAIM JUMPERS for my birthday dinner (cuz I worked on that night) slash Mother's Day dinner. It was a lot of fun. We ended up going to COLDSTONE on the way back (my new craze - I'm eating it almost once a week). My favorite one right now (it's a creation of mine) is Cheesecake Ice Cream with Cookie Dough and Gummi Bears! I love it so don't knock it! Anyways, yeah, that's the truth about that.

I'll update again tomorrow with more stuff. And this time, I really will. . .

O, and this post is for Heather :D

- - - "I know what I've been told. Ya gotta know just when to fold. But I can't do this all on my own. No I know I'm no Superman. I'm no Superman."
- - - "Superman" by Lazlo Bane

Later y'all,

The Big 1-9 Justin

No comments: