Friday, May 05, 2006

Here's To...

Ok, so I am way behind on blogging. I understand that. Let's assume that I'm starting anew. I used to blog upwards of five times a week, so I definitely should be excused from missing a month or so (although at least I provided you with papers and movie trailer links!). So, in honor of my return to consistent blogging (I am officially out of school as of 1200 today), I would like to propose a toast.

So, here's to. . .

- the Phoenix Suns, my team, for doing what nobody expected them to do. Down three games to one in a best of seven series to the Los Angeles Lakers, they have no won two in a row to put this game to a decisive game seven in Phoenix. My boys played a helluva game last night and need a repeat performance tomorrow night in order to win this series. It all comes down to tomorrow night baby! I'm excited, anticipatory, and jazzed about the possibility of a complete comeback, especially with all of the crap that I got (that's another story) from Laker fans over the last week when we were down. Now, we have the edge! I think it's actually quite redeeming considering that everyone had written the Suns off and were preparing for the so-called Highway Series with the Clippers. Well ha on you! I read no less than three articles (two on ESPN.COM and one in Sports Illustrated) saying how great an all-Los Angeles series would be. Well, guess what? It might not happen! Go SUNS!!!

- Finishing off strong. With clutch performances in my classes, I believe I did enough to maintain a GPA good enough to stay in the Honors Program at AVC. It's looking like I'm gonna be staring at a 3.4 this semester, which I am quite content with, considering the classes I took. My greatest accomplishments were getting a perfect score on my History paper (which you read here first!) and pulling off a B in Astronomy, which proved to be harder than expected. I'm looking forward to the Summer vacation that lies in front of me and the rest that I feel I earned! Whether I do or not (that's up to discussion) I get it, so take that naysayers!

- Summer movies. With the release of Tom Cruise's M:i:III this weekend, the summer blockbuster season has begun. I will post my top 25 films of the Summer (yes, I prepared such a list) this weekend so you can view the wonderment of it all. Grab your buddy, some popcorn, and a five-dollar bill and have a seat and enjoy the over-the-top action, lack of plot, and absolute fun of summer movies!

- Loved ones. I am actually writing this from a certain CSULB student's laptop in a Long Beach studio apartment. I am down here with Aimee celebrating her birthday. Heather and I took her to the mall to shop for a bathing suit (something only the best big brothers can do) and then to dinner. They just went to Target to buy some games or something for the rest of the night and I am here at her apartment. I really miss being around Heather, especially now that summer is about to begin. It's very difficult and apparently I feel the need to complain as much as I can about it. I can't help it! Anywho, Aimee is now 14 and that is no good. She is gonna be a freshman (is it freshperson now?) in September and I can't believe it! She's a cute girl too. I pity those poor boys who have to meet me :D

- May. This month is big for my immediate family. Yesterday was Aimee's birthday, Sunday is my parent's anniversary, and next Wednesday is the birthday of yours truly. That's right, folks, The Rambler is finally turning 19. Look out! Either way, it's quite exciting this time of year around the Gott house.

- Downey. The small town in Southern California is going to be getting a JOHNNY CARINO'S next month and I will be assisting in the opening of it. That's right, yours truly will be a-trainin' for about two weeks in June. I am actually going as a TT trainer (would that be TTT?) so I'm a bit nervous, but looking forward to the megabucks I hope to make out of the 14 hour days!

- Laker fans (the bums). I'll write more on this after Game 7. I went to Game 3 with George (in L.A.) and I went wearing a Steve Nash jersey. Stories will follow at a later date. Trust me, they're worth the wait!

- Understanding Internet Readers. You, the kind folks of the Internet, have waited as I have done nothing on this here blog for so long, and now you will reap the whirlwind that is many many blogs :D Have no fear, for I am now here!

Alright folks, with that tribute to you (aren't I the best?) I am going to retire for the night. The girls are due back any minute and we'll have a fun night I'm sure. Aimee and I head back home in the morning so wish us luck on the drive home. Good stuff.

Thanks for hanging around everyone. You won't regret it - - -

- - - "Here's to the night we felt alive
Here's to the tears you knew you'd cry
Here's to goodbye tomorrow's going to come to soon"
- - - EVE 6's "Here's to the Night"

THE RAMBLER

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May is the best month! Let me know if you have anything planned for your birthday...that is...ummm, this turned awkward. Anyways, I have a pretty fair idea of what you're getting from me for your 19th. MI:3 was good, but X-Men...you know you want the X-men.

Anonymous said...

x-men should be higher on the list! lol its my number 1.. i do wish bryan singer was doin it.. but jean grey returns! lol.. as phoenix.. i cant wait..