Sunday, March 19, 2006

The Week Grab-Bag: The Afternoon Showers Version

Other possible titles for this here post include:
- The What-a-coot Version (In honor of my playing of CRASH BANDICOOT)
- The "Peaches Got It" Version (In honor of my victory tonight at MARIO KART against a few guys - I'm always Peach, the name given to the Princess. That is her victory quote!)
- The Sweet Sixteen Version (In honor of the greatest weekend in the sports calendar)
- The Everything's A Jelly Bean Version (In honor of Sweet Tart and Jolly Rancher Jelly Beans)

These were all ideas. But why did I pick the one I did? There are several reasons. 1) I took several showers this week after the noon hour, either because I slept in or I had little reason to actually shower and get ready to do anything; 2) It rained some this week, especially after the clock struck 12; 3) It was my first idea.

There you have it: The construction of a Blog title. Enjoy that. Now on to my week (I apologize as always - I'm very busy!). I'll divy it up into subjects again I spose. Meh. We'll see (if anything, folks, just remember it won't be in any way chronological :D) . . .

- I went to school on Tuesday and Thursday. 10 weeks done. I can't wait to be out of this semester. As I was telling my Aunt Jeanne on the phone today, there's just no excitement this semester. Last semester, it was my "First College Semester!" and now it's just "Ok, so it's college". I need new classes. Mine are boring. O, I got a D on that ASTRONOMY test. That's exciting. I guess that will be the one he drops (my teacher said he would drop our lowest test score - I hope that's my lowest grade!) so no worries. On a high note, next week in my COMMUNICATIONS class, we will be watching GARDEN STATE, one of my most favorite movies!!! I don't really care why we're watching it. I'm just stoked that we are!

- Hey, just for kicks and giggles, here are some thoughts I had while I was sitting in HISTORY this week: 1) Didn't the world kinda set itself up for World War II by naming World War I that instead of just The World War. I always learned there wasn't a I without a II. See, so it wasn't Hitler's fault. . . (just kidding folks, I don't want anti-semetic claims against me); 2) Longtime NBA veteran and present Los Angeles Clipper Sam Cassell looks like E.T. Take a look for yourself (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=1295); 3) I heard a report that said that ESPN received 2.5 million brackets for their TOURNEY CHALLENGE. That's incredible! That number is so ridiculously high, that I just can't imagine! This time of year really takes the world by storm. Names of schools (Bradley, Wichita State, George Mason) become cooler talk and players become household names (think Kevin Pittsnoggle, Adam Morrison, or the ever-hated J.J. Redick). I love it. MARCH MADNESS!!! O and speaking of, despite one of my Final Four teams being knocked out in the first round (again Kansas!!!) I remain tied with my opponent, Miss Zietlow through this weekend. We're both one game up of Justin. It will be an interesting next couple of weeks.

- I worked 20 hours this week. I Hosted on Tuesday and Thursday night and TTed on Friday and Saturday. I made my usual $100 from TT this weekend so that can be spent tomorrow (you'll see why) and I'll feel ok since I still have last weekend's tips in my wallet too. Our new manager is one crazy cat. His name is Louie and he makes my mind go kablooie! (See, I'm a poet. And now you know it!) Saturday night had him doing his frantic scampering around the restaurant like he always does. Very "Chicken With Its Head Cut Off". There's several stories here, but I am not really sure you'll either understand or care. Well you are reading this in the first place. Meh. They're not that great. Either way, he's crazy and no one really likes him. It's sad, because he's nice when he wants to be (or if you're complaining that your food is cold) but he seems to want to make everyone else look bad in his amazing shadow. Bummer.

- None of my buddies (yes, all 12 of them) are ever on AOL Instant Messenger. Whenever I sign on, there is no one near to be found. Dangit!!!

- Friends are really cool. I have several really great ones and that's it, but I'm really ok with that. Wednesday night was loads of fun! After watching most of the SUNS' destruction of the Clippers with my family, I headed to Justin's house to hang out with him and Emily. Cy made his way over there eventually (Cy is officially the "Late One" of the group - it was a unanimous decision). We played Poker (I won!!!) and were done with that around 2330 or so (I don't really remember). Either way, we ended up chatting until 0230! Our topics ranged from THE O.C. to Desert Christian; Upcoming movies to lesbians; drunkenness to comic books. It was great. And I left $15 richer (actually $10 - Cy is also the guy who can never pay up :D ). Tonight was a lot of fun too. Cy, Justin, George, and Tom (home from Biola) came over and we all played MARIO KART (I was most victorious on this night!) and GOLDENEYE (Tom got revenge on us here) for several hours. Who knew N64 could be so much fun?!?! Cy commented that he plays more video games now then he ever did as a kid. I disagree, but we certainly do play a lot! It's loads of fun, though. I'm looking for the classic N64 game SUPER SMASH BROTHERS so if you have it, I will buy it from you! I also got CRASH BANDICOOT 2: CORTEX'S REVENGE in the mail (I won it on EBAY for less than $5!) this weekend and proceeded to stay up Saturday night playing it. I actually already beat it!!! I used to play it all the time with my old buddy across the street many years ago, so it brought back great memories. Fun times. All in all, it's all good (lots of all in that sentence!).

- I get to see my wonderful Heather tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm taking a trip to THE L.B. tomorrow. That's where I'll be. If you wanna get a hold of me. . . don't!

- Saturday morning was the MEN'S MARCH MADNESS BREAKFAST at my church. Ok, some backstory: The women have a Christmas Tea every December. They decorate tables all pretty and have a giant tea party. Well, in rebuttal, the guys have a breakfast (consisting of pancakes, eggs, hash browns, bacon, sausage, etc) in March and it ends in watching a tournament game on the projection screens. Justin's dad got a table and invited my dad and me to go. We went, knowing it would be a good time (me and him had gone several years ago). WELL, not only was it fun, but we didn't leave empty-handed. Because of my answer to a trivia question (What was the last MLB team to get swept out of the World Series? . . . Houston Astros - last year) every member of our table got a t-shirt. That was cool. However, this was not the coolest thing. I took part in the 3-Point Competition. They set up a hoop indoors and then set up a 3-point line. After probably over 100 guys shot, only 14 of us remained (yes, us - I made it). They moved the line back, but we all missed 2 straight shots (I was on line with my shots - they were just a bit short). They proceeded to move the line back to the original spot and 5 of us made this again (again, us - I'm still in). On the last go-around (realize that I was first in each of the last 2 rounds) I was the only one to hit the 3. I won!!! Besides winning another (!) t-shirt (which I declined) I won a $25 gift certificate to CAMILLE'S, a sandwich place in town and a trophy that's pretty freakin' cool. They are actually gonna plaque my name on it and then have me give it back at the end of the year to give to next year's champion. I'll have to go and defend my title!!! It was great fun and I'm glad we went.

- Going to ARCLIGHT on Wednesday with Justin and Cy to see V FOR VENDETTA. Can't wait! I already purchased the tickets (reserved seating) and we have the best seats period. Coolness shall ensue. With that trip comes a visit to AMOEBA MUSIC. Money will be spent!

- Did I mention I'm going to THE L.B. tomorrow?? O I did. Well, I dont' care. I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that's all for tonight my favorite readers. Don't forget to comment if you found something interesting - - I like it when I strike some sort of chord (whether it be good or bad!). Let me know!

- - - "No I get it. Make sure everyone else sinks. I swim. Got it."
- - - My response to Louie on Saturday night after he told me to only focus only on TTing and nothing else. This is bogus managerial advice. . . Don't get me started, actually - -

Hit you up later,

The Rambler

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meh, you and your Peach...