Sunday, February 25, 2007

It's Finally Here!!!

It's Oscar day ladies and gentlemen, and I am going to be writing (well, typing) like a fool today!

My plan for the remainder of the day is as follows (it is presently 1425):

- Finish this preview post
- Change my TV (it's on college basketball right now) to ABC 7 at 1500 for all of the pre-show ceremonies and whatnot to get some last minute insider information
- Prepare myself for the busy night ahead

Ok, so why is this night going to be busy? Well. . .

Once the Oscars begin (1700) I am beginning my busy day of writing. There are a couple things I have to do and one thing I kinda want to do. I have to write two articles about the Oscars for the paper and they really need to be done no later than tomorrow. Edited and everything. Article placing is happening this week for a publishing date of the first week of March. Plus, this is going to be the featured piece on my entertainment page, so it needs to be good! One of these articles is going to be a recap-type article in lieu of a column with a list of winners (that's boring). I will write it with a little bit more pizzazz to make it entertaining. . . The other article is going to be an impressions/opinion article on the Oscars as a whole (and some of the individual awards). I'm looking forward to that one :D

The thing I want to do would be a first for A RAMBLER'S RAMBLING. I want to do a "running diary" or, as the pros call it, "live blogging" for the Oscars. Essentially, what it would entail is me doing a play-by-play of sorts for the entire Oscar telecast. It's a lot of work, but honestly would help me recall my thoughts when I was writing the articles later. I will be commenting on everything, from Miss Degeneres' hosting to who looks atrocious to what's going to win (that's how I'll do my predictions) and much more. SO. . .

If you want to be involved in reading it, all you have to do is sit down and watch the Oscars and hop on to this site. I will be publishing the same post over and over again but each time there will be another entry with a different time (e.g. 1710: The Kodak Theater must be as dark as every other room Jack Nicholson enters because his trademark sunglasses are on as always!).

You can see what it will be like. . . It might be really cool or it might suck. Who knows?

So stay tuned for that, or you can just read this on Monday in its entirety. . . I just hope someone enjoys it!

Have a great Oscar Sunday!

No comments: