Monday, February 12, 2007

For Blogging's Sake!

Sorry all - -

But I did say that I might have less time for blogging. . . so you can't say I didn't warn you!

Either way, it's Monday night and I'm going bowling very shortly (leaving in about twenty minutes). But I wanted to let you in on a couple things real quickly, and then I'll update again tomorrow night (I promise).

- School. Wow. I hate it! I have four classes. One is unbelievably wonderful and awesome (PSYCHOLOGY 212 - Human Sexuality), one is everything I knew it to be despite the emergence of a new teacher with new motives (COMMUNICATIONS 123 - Newspaper Production), one is ridiculously boring but could ultimately be informative due mostly in part to the role of a 25-page research paper (SOCIOLOGY 110 - Race and Ethnic Relations), and the last is tedious, not my cup of tea, and will possibly be the cause of my untimely death (Honors ENGLISH 236 - Shakespeare's Comedies and Sonnets). I have two teachers I really like (the first two classes, naturally) one that I find intriguing (the Sociology teacher, a large black woman that remains seated at her desk the entire class period, but when she makes herself laugh, she somehow reminds me of Mom-mom, my grandmother!) and another that I know loves her subject and I admire so much for that, but I cannot get myself psyched up for the class (that Shakespeare class is three hours long, once a week - it's tough to get through). I have 15 weeks left. And no, I'm not counting :D

- It's playoff time for both Desert Christian basketball teams! The guys are playing on Wednesday night (at home) against Valley Torah, a school I can only assume is Jewish, which is interesting because my final high school game was a loss at home to Yeshiva High School, a Jewish high school from Los Angeles. The girls get a bye into the second round and will play Saturday night at home. I will definitely be announcing the guys game on Wednesday night (show up - starts at 1930) and possibly doing the girls game too. I'm torn between being on the bench for the game or announcing. I'll ask the girls what they would prefer :D

- Grammys were cool. Justin Timberlake is an incredible performer. I'm gonna buy that Corrine Bailey Rae CD. She's cool. O and Gnarls Barkley is not what I thought. I'm interested. . .

- Steve Nash is hurt. So are our chances of winning the first place spot in the Western Conference. Dangit. Get better soon Steve. You are the MVP - our performance without you should be enough to prove that!

- I love spending time with Heather, whether it be in Target ("Why are there so many people here?!?!"), helping her with laundry ("Why does it smell like vomit outside the guys' dorm rooms?"), or eating in the bar at El Torito ("I'll be watching her."). All those quotes were said by one of us this past weekend while I was with her. So were these: "I love you", "Don't go", and "Don't make me use the brush!". I guess you have to be us to understand it all. But what you all can figure out is that we are still good and looking forward as always. . .

More tomorrow, including when I'll be going to Phoenix, Lake Powell, and Portland (!?!?!?) - - -

Intrigued? I bet you are!

Later all - - -

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you! And I love when you blog. We always have fun together haha my h.p. ! ...!!! Miss you, as always!

Anonymous said...

I'm interested in hearing more about your human sexuality class. That would probably be a fun, and at times, uncomfortable class.

I like the song Gnarles Barkley is known for, and I like how he did a new version of that song with different pacing at the Grammys. I haven't heard any of his other songs, though, so I don't know if I'll like the rest of his music.

-Alex