Sunday, February 04, 2007

Blue Horseshoes over the letter "C"

Not a huge post here, but I did want to establish some sort of consistency with my blog here, seeing that I start school on Tuesday. . .

(NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

and posts may become fewer and farther in between. . .

But I hope not. Because I like to think that I have all kinds of readers that are just waiting for my new posts (yeah, that's probably not true, but whatever).

Either way, I had a pretty good weekend after a pretty busy end of the week. I worked Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday mornings at the FL and decided that I am definitely going to find another job in addition to the FL. My hours are at a minimum (labor at the store is really high and all of our hours are being limited) and I need money, pronto. I guess I'll be looking into my phonebook for people I know that could pull some strings to get me in somewhere. That's what I'll be working on these next couple weeks. . .

On Friday night, Aimee and I hung out with the Coens from Orange County. That's right, we got completely caught up on THE O.C. and are now ready to watch the final three episodes whenever they air on television. You see, I started watching the show when it began some three or four years ago. I then got Aimee hooked not too long ago and helped her locate the first couple seasons so that she could get caught up. We finished season 3 together when it aired and have been watching TIVO'd episodes of the current season when we have time. We watched three back-to-back-to-back episodes on Friday. It was fun and not only are the episodes getting better (this season has been pretty tedious) but it was enjoyable to hang out with the sister. She's great!!!

Heather came home Saturday afternoon and we met Cy, Justin, Emily, and the recently singled Mallory (sorry Mal!) at MISO'S, a sushi place in Lancaster. I have never tried (nor have I ever desired to) sushi, and Heather was determined to get me to try it. So I did! I ordered a teriyaki chicken meal that included four California Rolls (weakling sushi, but hey, that's me!). I did it! I ate it! It wasn't great. It wasn't terrible. I would eat it again, but it will never be my first choice when deciding where to eat out. But I did something new and adventrous!

Well the reason we went was for Cy's birthday, which was Monday the 29th. My best guy friend, Mr. Serrano got us all together and we had a really good time. We were cracking jokes at each other, embellishing recent funny stories, reminiscing about middle school and high school memories, and altogether enjoying each others' company. It was good to be together again, all of us. We ended up going over to Cy's house and playing CRANIUM (a board game in which we pitted guys against girls - both teams won one game) and KENT (a card game that, according to my wonderful Heather, is "very similar to SPOONS"). We didn't depart his casa until almost 0200, but it was a lot of fun and I believe that everyone enjoyed themselves.

Today was SUPER BOWL XLI (or 41 for those who don't know your Roman Numerals. . .) and it featured the Indianapolis Colts (Blue Horseshoes) and Chicago Bears (letter "C") in a true offense versus defense matchup. Even though I had picked the Bears to win the Super Bowl before the season began, I had a feeling that the Colts would win, even predicting a 30-20 victory for Peyton Manning and crew. Well the final score was 29-17 Colts, so I wasn't too far off! It was a crazy game (turnovers galore!) but an entertaining one. Congrats to Manning for getting something that critics said he'd never get, and congrats to Lovie Smith and the Bears for a great season - - so close, yet so far away!

Well I'm still sick (coughing like crazy - my mom thinks I have bronchitis) and I'm exhausted (only three hours of sleep last night) so I'm gonna hit the hay. Do well this week and I'll update you after my days at school

(NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Goodnight all - -

2 comments:

Tom said...

You might be able to get a job at...The Peach Factory. Heh, like you'd ever want to work there. Long time no read, or talk, or see. I guess that I'll see you tomorrow. Maybe?

Anonymous said...

I rarely watch the O.C, but I've been watching the last few episodes just to see how it ends. I thought the earthquake was kinda dumb. I just thought it was a cheap plot device. Oh well, it was still interesting, I guess. One good thing I'll say about T he OC is that it has good humor.

I was cheering on the Colts only because my dad is from Indiana. If any other team was playing, I wouldn't have really cared who won (I'm sure you know I'm not a big sports fan).

-Alex