Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Seriously Serious

Wow!

What a two-day period I just had! I had a roller coaster of a time over these past 48 hours (or so). Sleep has escaped me, sanity is slipping, and my body is wearing down. But I'm a college student. Now's the time to do all of this...

Right?

So yesterday I worked in the morning and then went to Biology. I got my test back from last week. 76 percent. That's better than I had thought (I actually got a 66 percent, but because of the curve my teacher uses, we were all given five extra points) so I'm content. I'm aiming for a B in that class. I can still succeed with a C in it. I'm not worried. But I am stressed.

I finished my Pre-Lab in the half-hour I had between class and my Lab. Let me tell you a bit about my Lab. My teacher, Nikki Riley, is one of the better Lab teachers out there (or at least is the best of the three that I've had experiences with) and she makes the Lab quick and easy. She knows we have lives and don't wanna be there for three hours. Thanks. My Lab group rocks. It's probably the best group in the class (of course I would biasedly argue that point). Cy and I are both in said group, and there are also two girls (Jessica and Jennifer) that join us every week at our square table. They're pretty cool and they also don't wanna be there the entire time. We get our stuff done! I don't terribly mind this class anymore. If Cy was not in this class, I would not be surviving it though. A thought worth mentioning.

I left class and headed home. I was hungry so I heated up some leftovers and watched some more episodes of THE OFFICE from the second season that I bought last week. What a show! If you have yet to experience the hilarity that is THE OFFICE, then I strongly recommend you do so this second. Seriously. This moment right now. I'll even forgive you if you don't read this entire post, just as long as you're renting/buying/watching THE OFFICE. Got it?

I was extremely unproductive for those few hours after Lab. Then, it was off for my weekly bowling game! I met Chels, Kimmy, and her friend Travis at the Brunswick Lanes on Sierra Highway. Cy was able to come this week too, which was really awesome. We started bowling at 2130 and we bowled all the way til midnight. I was actually the last person to finish in the entire place! All that doesn't matter. I was struggling (and struggling for me is bowling around 120) for the most part. I had one good game (a 160 when Cy got 158 - a great game!) but then Cy ran off a 162 that made him the high guy for the night. He left at 2300 and as he left, I told him that I would beat him before the night was over. He told me he hoped so. Well I did.

But before I get to that, let me remind you of my success last week. I bowled a 180 last Monday and that became my new personal record. Well in one of my last games last night, I got in a zone. I was so "seriously serious" as Kimmy put it that I told Chels not to talk to me. I was focused. I spared to start the game but then I got a 9/0 in the second frame (I missed the last pin by a hair!). From then on was when my zone materialized. I got a strike in the third, fourth, and fifth frames (that's a turkey for you bowlers out there!) and then got spares in the sixth and seventh. I got two more strikes in a row (eighth and ninth frames) and then finished with another spare and another five pins on my last ball. My final score: 209! That's right! So, take my excitement from my last week's success and multiply it be about two-and-a-quarter and you'll get how excited I was last night. I'm superstitious, so I wore the same clothes last night as I did the week before. Take a guess at what I'll be wearing next Monday. . .

Today I had school from 0930-1215 (two classes, Journalism and History) and then I headed home to eat some delicious food (and watch another OFFICE episode). I headed to work (UMEC) and got there at 1345. I was trying the entire time I was there to get my JC shift covered for tonight, but that was to no avail. Thus, I had to leave UMEC at 1645 to head home. I was at JC a little before 1730, my sheduled time. I then worked for six straight hours and had a pretty long night. Not ten minutes after I started, a server knocked over an oil bottle. Now, you must know that this is not just a normal clean-up process. This is a PROCESS! It's actually about a twenty-minute process. The way you clean it up (or at least the way they make us clean it up) is you have to sprinkle flour (I think it's the calamari breading) onto the spill and let it sit for a little bit. Once it soaks up the oil, you sweep up the clumpy material. It sounds much easier than it is. In reality, you have to avoid glass as well as learn how to sweep up this oddly-textured material. It's terrible. Thanks Stephanie :D

I still have English homework to do before class Wednesday afternoon and Aimee left me some Math to look over too. O yeah, and it's almost 0200 in the morning. Dangit.

Thanks for reading. Happy OFFICE-watching. . . I hope.

- - - "This is an environment of welcoming, and you should just get the hell outa here."
- - - Michael Scott (Steve Carell) in THE OFFICE; one of countless quotable lines from the spectacular show!

Night,

JUSTIN

No comments: