Wednesday, September 20, 2006

God Bless Aaron Sorkin

Well it was a good Wednesday. Kinda.

I woke up this morning to my phone's alarm at 0800. I fell asleep somewhere around 0300, so needless to say, I was not pleased. I also did not feel well. My throat was scratchy, I could not swallow, and I could barely breathe, because I was so stuffed up. Well in that split second, I decided I was not going into work in the morning (I was supposed to go between 0900 and 1130 or so). I called and said sorry. I got the green light (it usually is - we are just helpers, really) and I went right back to sleep. I woke back up at 1045, but I got scared because I thought my clock said 1245 (and that would mean I was late for Biology). I got up slowly, showered, and then browsed the internet to catch up on some news and whatnot. Then I read two of the stories for English and then I had to go to class. It was time for Biology (boo!).

After Bor-ology (See what I did there!), I rushed home so that I could eat some lunch and do my English homework. I did both of those things and I was only ten minutes late to English, which I apologized (unnecessarily) for. Class was fine and we went the entire three hours (as usual). Long class. Good class. I have no issues with it.

I came home and had little motivation to do anything but watch the ol' television. I was behind on my TIVO'd shows, so I figured, since I had the living room to myself for a little bit, that I would catch up. I watched back-to-back episodes of HOUSE (last week's and this week's) and they were both quite good. This, my friends, is the best medical drama on television (Screw that GREY'S ANATOMY crap! HOUSE rules all! - And yes, I'm ready for all of your letters about that one. Bring it!). I was going to retire to my room, but my mom and sister got home, and I asked them if they would like to watch the series premiere of a certain very-anticipated NBC show we had TIVO'd. You see, I felt bad watching it on my own since they both wanted to watch it too. (Note: the pilot episode is the only time where that will be true - they are both on their own from here on out!) Either way, we clicked Play and got right into Aaron Sorkin's STUDIO 60 ON THE SUNSET STRIP.

Ok. So this show is. . . INCREDIBLE! I love it! In the entire episode, I had only one gripe (my problem is that Matthew Perry's character is named Matt - it's not a huge issue). Everything else was damn near perfect. Sorkin's writing is incredibly fast, witty, and hard-hitting. It's real. It's tough to swallow. It's exactly what TV needs. Matthew Perry is not Chandler; he's a really good character actually. Amanda Peet is surpisingly bearable and Bradley Whitford is very good as well. I really like the supporting cast. All in all, this is already one of my favorite shows, and it's only been on for one week! I really really hope that it finds a bigger audience because I would hate to see it axed. You! Watch this show! It's on Monday nights at 2200 on NBC. Watch!!!!! (and if you missed the pilot, you can either watch a two-minute replay on the website - link both right there and above - or the whole doggone thing!)

So with that blatant advertising, I'm gonna retire from blogging for the night. I probably won't blog til. . . I don't know when. I'm gonna be busy the next couple days. I'll do what I can!

Night now,

JUSTIN

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry your not feeling well bro...hope ya get better soon. And looks like i'll check the new show out...nite

George

Anonymous said...

Excellent review on . hmm, maybe a tv show column in The Examiner?

Anonymous said...

Excellent review on Studio 60. hmm, maybe a tv show column in The Examiner?