Friday, July 27, 2007

Back to the Future

I'm taking a break this evening from my always on-going short story, THE ROAD TO NOWHERE (PART I and PART II), to give you a short update on my own goings on (you liked that play-on words huh?).

Well, for one, I am now officially an Assistant Manager at the FL! I went down to the Northridge store on Wednesday and I had a ninety minute conversation with C.J. who is my District Manager. He grilled me about some things and I seemed to give all the right answers. Well, I must have since I am now an A.M. I'll probably get my keys to the store in about a week. I have to be able to competently open and close the store before I can get them, so I have a couple shifts the next week with either Jose or Romique to open or close so I can learn how to do so. I'm excited! My pay raise should take effect on Sunday, as it is the beginning of the new pay period. That is even more exciting :) Probably the most important part of all is that this is the first step of several for me to prepare for moving out of my house. Lots of big things are in the planning stages and I am looking forward to how it all works out. . .

I have also officially registered for classes at CSUN! Wednesday was my day for registration (yes, the same Wednesday I went to Northridge for my meeting - - plus, I got a little head cold on the same day - - it was a stressful day to say the least) and I got four out of the five classes I wanted. I had to grab another class on a Friday morning so I will be at CSUN on Mondays, (4-645, 7-945 pm) Tuesdays, (2-450, 5-645 pm) and Fridays (9-1150 am). This means I am available to work either open or close shifts on Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday and I could work Monday morning and Friday night as well. The only thing I have to work out is when I'm gonna do homework. . . hmm. . .

While I'm thinking about it, I have to recommend a couple movies to the masses:

RATATOUILLE - the Pixar-animated film (written and directed by THE INCREDIBLES' helmer Brad Bird) was a surprisingly sweet and wonderful film that I enjoyed a great deal. It is towards the top on my yearly list thus far (right up there with ZODIAC).

TALK TO ME - Heather and I got to see this fantastic film over at Arclight last week and I loved it! Plus, following the movie, we were asked to participate in answering some questions about it for one of those audience-reaction commercials that so many movies are putting on TV nowadays - so look for me and Heather promoting TALK TO ME on a commercial near you :)

- - -

Also, thanks to those of you who are reading my short story. And I have to mention this because I just don't know what you do after you finish reading it, but there are just two things that I would ask of you following your completion of a post (it doesn't just have to be THE ROAD TO NOWHERE, but that one in particular):

1. Comment

2. Tell Someone About It

If each of you who reads it does both of those things, I would greatly appreciate it. Just mention it to a friend in passing - "Hey I read a cool story the other day on the internet" works just dandy! And come on, it's not like they're THAT long, right. . .

Thanks again :) I'm enjoying writing it and PART III should be hitting the internet waves sometime this week - so look for that!

- - -

I could continue on about things like the whole Tim Donaghy scandal (the NBA ref who is in trouble for betting on games and such - it's stupid but I believe that this one guy is an idiot and that not all refs should be investigated; at least not for that - they should be on trial for their incompetency as referees), what I think about the whole Michael Vick thing (he's an idiot - focus on football numnuts!), or even the popularity of that little wizard boy named Harry (Heather already finished book 7 - she read it in like three days - I wish that I had started from the beginning with everyone else way back when) but I won't.

Instead, I'll leave you with one link, several pictures, and two videos that have made me giddy, excited, and laugh respectively.

The link:

THE DARK KNIGHT teaser site

I could not be more excited for this film! Holy crap!!!

The pics:

In the same light as the site, here is the first high quality, in-action photo of Heath Ledger as the Joker in TDK. I was skeptical at first with the casting, but I'm loving it more and more!



















Also, here are the pictures that my family took for our church directory a month or so ago:


































They turned out really good! We're a good-lookin' bunch!

The vids:

Here is the phenomenon that is Pearl. . .

The Landlord:

The Landlord

Good Cop, Baby Cop:

Good Cop, Baby Cop

- - -

- - -

Good stuff all around everybody - - -

Hope you enjoyed something! Let me know, howabout? :D

Have a weekend,

No comments: