Friday, July 20, 2007

Look Out Emeril!

Hey all - - -

I am once again reporting from Heather's Pomona apartment as she works away. I have been holding down the fort a little bit today, but was gone for the last two hours.

Where did I go?

Well I first stopped by the Montclair Plaza, which is a Mall about ten minutes east on the 10. I stopped by to say hello to my former General Manager Wes, who is now the GM over there. We caught up on things and that actually took almost an hour out of my day. I also bought two CSUN shirts that they had there (gotta represent, right?). Then I went over to Olive Garden and bought a jar of their delicioso Italian dressing.

Well why did I do that?

I decided last night right before I fell asleep that I was going to cook dinner for Heather tonight. She gets home around six, and I didn't feel like going out again (especially since we will most likely be going out to eat tomorrow night). So this morning I planned out a menu and then went shopping this afternoon.

I spent $15 on the following items:

1 lb. of Ground Beef
2 lb. of Spaghetti noodles
1 loaf of French Bread
1 two-liter of Ginger Ale
1 jar of Prego Spaghetti Sauce (Italian Herb and Garlic flavor)
1 package of pre-made salad (Iceberg lettuce and such)
1 bag of Marie Callendar's Croutons

I think that's it. . .

So in about a half hour or so I'm gonna begin my first real attempt at cooking. I'm scared. I've already called mi madre three times to ask her simple, 1o1-level questions about cooking, and I'm sure to call her at least once more.

But I think it will be worth it! I hope she's surprised and happy :)

O, we went to Raging Waters yesterday and had a blast! It was the best $31 I have spent in a while (you save $4 if you buy your tix online!). I even went on one of those open-air slides that are really high up and go straight down - - yep! It was called Dropout and it scared me like crazy. . . but it was awesome! The thing said it was 7 stories high and sends riders to speeds of 40 mph. . . Why did I ride the damn thing! Holy crap! Well here's what it looks like:

















Yes, I did that. . .

Anyway, I had planned a little short story for today, but since I have to cook, I'll postpone that til probably Sunday. . . Gotta make it good :)

Besides that, all is good on most fronts. I've been down here since late Wednesday night and am not going home until Sunday morning (I have to work at noon). I had off yesterday, today, and tomorrow and Heather has off Thursdays and Saturdays so I decided to stay here. . . fun times!

Not sure what's happening tomorrow, but I'm sure it will be fun!

I'm gonna go do some magic in the kitchen now. . . I hope!

Have a safe and fun Friday and I'll holla at you again on Sunday!

Until later,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

brian should take lessons. he would never cook for me. good job. don't burn it :D