Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Week (Plus a Weekend) Grab-Bag:
The Nearing the Finish Line Version

What's new, Ramblees? (Yeah, I don't really like that title either - - sorry)

So a lot has gone on over the last week (and a weekend!), hence the non-blogging. I apologize. . .

But now I'll catch you up as best I can (plus, I'll throw in some good old fashioned Insightful Insights along the way. . .)

Enjoy the as-always non-chronological goodness:

- So, the real Finish Line? Yeah, it's going pretty good. The training is going as planned and it looks like things can move forward in the next two weeks. The training is done through modules on the store computer and there are 40 or so to complete before you can go through the interview process for the A.M. position. The kicker is that you can only do six per day for some reason, so I have been doing six of these things every day that I work. It takes about an hour, so that is an easy hour at work, you could say. I have completed 30 I think (not sure off the top of my head) and I have three days' worth of 'em left over. I worked a lot this week (over 30 hours, actually) so I was able to get a bunch done. My GM (his name is Jose - now you know) told me that once I finish them all that he is gonna send me to the Northridge store (Future foreshadowing??? I hope!) to do my final training with the GM there. I'm crazy nervous about that, actually. I would hate to go through all this and then not be competent enough to be considered worthy of the job. . . Hmmm. I don't want to think about that. Well, anyway, I've been really tired this weekend cuz I was at work at 0600 on both Saturday and Sunday (yesterday and today) to prepare (Sat.) and do (Sun.) inventory. It happens quarterly I believe and it's quite a lengthy process, so I helped out with that. Busy week at the ol' FL. . .

- Heather is all moved in to her new apartment now. I was able to go down there Wednesday night and it's really nice. It is a two bedroom, two bath apartment with a washer/dryer, refrigerator, dishwasher, fireplace, two balconies, and more. It's great! It just makes me long for the day that either a) I can move out myself and/or b) I get to get an apartment with Heather. It's so far away!!! I'm being very impatient. I am so very jealous of Heather and her ability to live on her own. I am o so ready to try my hand at it, but I have no way to do it right now. The promotion will help, but I will still require a roommate and those are hard to come by, seeing that I will be extremely picky. I don't want just anyone from anywhere. I want someone I know and trust and won't kill me (or me kill them!). That's not that much to ask. . . Either way, I have even been considering moving out in the Antelope Valley. However, that wouldn't work so well with the whole "saving up money for the future" thing so that's kind of out the question too. Maybe. Who knows. . .

- I have seen a couple movies in the last week or so and one was a surprisingly fantastic comedy, while the other was a predictably overblown sequel. The latter was of course the third PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN film, which I absolutely hated. I think I would give it a D, which would place it just above GHOST RIDER and under TMNT on my 2007 rankings. I would call that a failure. . . I don't even want to talk about it any more. . . However, I got a chance to see a sneak preview down at ARCLIGHT last Wednesday for the upcoming (August 17th) comedy SUPERBAD, which was written by KNOCKED UP star Seth Rogen. It was HILARIOUS! I gave it an A. It was so immaturely mature, if that makes any sense whatsoever. I don't recommend it for any of my family (that is for damn sure!) but college guys are gonna love this film! A cool thing too was that the star of the film, Jonah Hill (he co-stars in KNOCKED UP as well) was just two rows in front of us (I went with Justin, Manny, and Jenn)! It was interesting to watch him laugh at the scenes that he acted in - he seemed like a pretty cool guy. Anyway, fantastic flick - you heard it here first (literally!).

- I have to mention this whole Kobe fiasco in the NBA. So he wants to be traded, huh? Well from talking to a few Laker fans, they want him to go with all the crap that he's relayed upon them through this offseason. So I've come up with 10 trade possibilities that work with salaries (and, I believe, for both teams potentially) thanks to the ESPN Trade Machine. . . (it's in order from least likely to most likely and the teams in bold are the three teams that Kobe himself has said that his list contains - - - it's true)

Enjoy:

10. Kobe to Boston for Al Jefferson, Paul Pierce, and Gerald Green and the 5th Pick in the 2007 Draft

9. Kobe to Seattle for Ray Allen, Nick Collison and the 2nd Pick in the 2007 Draft

8. Kobe to Washington for Gilbert Arenas, Caron Butler, Darius Songalia, and the 16th Pick in the 2007 Draft

7. Kobe and the 19th Pick in the 2007 Draft to Portland for Zach Randolph, Jarrett Jack, Martell Webster, and the 1st Pick in the 2007 Draft


6. Kobe to Golden State for Monta Ellis, Stephen Jackson, Al Harrington, and the 18th Pick in the 2007 Draft

5. Kobe to Atlanta for Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams, Josh Smith and the 11th Pick in the 2007 Draft

4. Kobe to New York for Channing Frye, David Lee, Jamal Crawford, and Quentin Richardson

3. A Three-Way Trade: Kobe and Troy Murphy to Chicago; Jermaine O'Neal, Luol Deng, and Ben Gordon to Los Angeles, and Ben Wallace, Kwame Brown, Vladimir Radmonovic, and the 9th Pick in the 2007 Draft to Indiana

2. Kobe and Vladimir Radmonovic to Phoenix for Shawn Marion, Boris Diaw, Marcus Banks, and an unprotected first round pick in the 2008 Draft

1. Kobe and Sasha Vujacic to Chicago for Luol Deng, Ben Gordon, Ben Wallace, and the 9th Pick in the 2007 Draft

What do you think? NBA execs, you heard them here first!!! (That three-way trade is the best all-around deal for all three teams - it's nearly perfect if I do say so myself)

- I'm off to CSUN tomorrow for my academic advisement, which is very exciting! Wish me luck!

Well that's it for right now - - -

I'll post more this week - - -

Until then,

Adios

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like 3, 4, 7, and 8. Seattle won't happen, and I'm not sold on Ben Gordon. Plus there is no way we are giving him to the hated suns. yuck.

Leshin

Anonymous said...

Not the biggest Kobe fan anyway -- I don't have any preference on where he goes - as long as it's not Phoenix and it's out of L.A. -- less we have to hear about him, the better. I don't see the Phoenix Fans welcoming him with open arms either, so if he's looking for a big parade, I think he better think twice.