Thursday, June 07, 2007

Easy as 1-2-3

Well it's a Thursday night after 2300, and I am not even the least bit tired. I am registered for a play money tournament on PartyPoker at midnight and I'm tired of playing Blast Billiards (by the way, my high score is 3124 - just try to beat it!). Just thought I would lay out a few new/interesting/exciting things for you this evening.

One: I'm beginning training for Assistant Manager (not Assisstant TO the Regional Manager like my friend Dwight Shrute haha) at the FL. I'm very excited! Me - a Manager! I'm looking forward to the challenge, cuz it definitely will be one. The rumor at the store is that the GM wants to run the store with just four managers (the two existing ones and then the two of us who are training now) and a rare appearance by a Sales Associate. We would run the store (even though the four of us already kinda do - plus all of us have the best numbers in our sales) and do that well, I'm sure. . .

More as more comes around - but I'm excited!

Two: Aimee's injury update. It turns out the injury is just a hairline fracture (I use just for the forthcoming reasons) and that's actually a good thing. Well this means that she can slowly begin dancing next week and be ready for her recital in four weeks. She's walking around the house without crutches and she's happier, that's for sure. I'm happy for her because I know how much she loves the dancing. It seems that some things actually do work out. . .

Three: The world of frugal purchasing has been hovering around me. The first was this Tuesday when I bought seasons 7 and 8 of SEINFELD with the remainder of my gift cards from my birthday. I also bought the new CD by a fantastic Australian band (Guess where I heard about them???) called the John Butler Trio. The CD is great! The seasons are great - I've been watching SEINFELD nonstop! I only spent $30 of my own money on all three things, so I thank those who got me the gift cards, because they paid off very well! The other exciting purchase is one that I have been looking forward to for several months now. Realize that my goal out of this purchase is two-fold; one is for the joy of owning something I really want and find very very cool (and I might wear one. . . I'm still not sure). The second reason is that in a couple years' time, I could resell these items for potentially ten times what I bought them for. . . Now what are these items? Meet my two new best friends, Alpha and Omega!


























These are the newest Jordan releases and they came out a week ago. I wanted to get them, but I couldn't because our store did not carry them (most unfortunately). I could have driven to Northridge to get them, but I did not feel like driving 100 miles roundtrip for shoes. Well today at work, we got two cases of them from the Fox Hills Mall store, since they had too many (they initially got something like 400 pairs!). Well I can't pass them up now (we actually just got the Alphas - the Carolina blue ones) and especially for the price I get them for. This is how it is going down. . .

I'm going to buy two pairs of the Alphas (retail $110) and one pair of the Omegas (retail $175). The total for your average joe would be $430 but I will get them for $300 even after my discount. That's $100 a pair! I will take one pair of each (the only pair of Omegas then) and keep them in their box and leave them in perfect condition. I will maintain them and make sure they stay in mint condition. I was told by a big shoe head (the term used to describe a shoe collector) that in as few as two or three years that these shoes could be as much as $1000 each! And just think about five years after that! Or when Jordan dies in 30 years or something. . . Let me put it to you this way: This guy I was talking to today told me that he has a friend who sold his entire collection of Original Jordans, 1-21 (all original pairs in a size 9.5) for 2.5 million dollars! He sold them to a Japanese businessman. . . It's unbelievable how the shoe business works!

Well the other pair of Alphas are for me. I can do whatever I want with them. First off, I love the shoes. I would definitely wear them. And I could. . . I think I would be the only white boy around that would be rocking these shoes (ha - that's the truth though!). So how am I paying for these? There are two parts to this as well: One is that my parents are giving me $100 towards them, partially as a gift for graduating AVC - - Two is that I just got paid, I already made my car payment for the month, and I am definitely starting to make some more money.

. . .

So I'm excited. . .

Yes.

And a few more things, but in a more rapid fire nature:

- Heather is home for the weekend and then moving into her new apartment in Pomona on Monday. Also very exciting!

- Monday is both Chelsea and Pop's birthday - Happy Birthday to both!

- Probably finally going to see the long-ass PIRATES movie this weekend. I'm not that excited. . . But I guess I have to see it since I'm so involved already.

- And finally, an NBA Finals prediction. Yes, I'm aware GAME ONE was tonight (a SPURS victory) but ask anyone around that I said SPURS in six games since last week. It very well might go five games actually, unless the refs bail the CAVS out twice at home. We'll see. . . Either way, I don't care. At all. I hate both teams. Very much. . .

Well have a good Friday - - -

Goodnight all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well...I read your entire blog and I wanted to tell you:

1. I TOTALLY almost bought seasons 7 & 8 of 'Seinfeld' this week too! Kevin and I own 1-6 and now we're committed to buying all of the seasons. I love that show so it's worth it.

2. You have a good shoe plan and I hope you do make lots of money off of it. Those Alphas are AWESOME. I would SO wear them if they wouldn't look stupid on me.

3. Congratulations on getting a promotion! Kevin is now training to be a bartender at Chili's and he likes it already. I hope you like your new position as well.

4. I still hate the Spurs and, although it's completely unlikely, I hope they lose the finals and everyone laughs at them because they should have won.

And that's it. Sorry about the lengthy comment. I could probably keep a pretty nice blog if I thought anyone would read it...I like yours.

-Jamy

Anonymous said...

I want to thank you for caring about me. It was definitly not my most shining couple of days but God was in control. And when I am up on that stage, it is for God because He is the reason I am even going to be able to dance up there. I don't think it is a coincedence that I was told that it was broken and then I go back to find out it is only a hairline fracture.

I love you so much, and I hope you always know that.

And I also really enjoyed our talk the other night. I am always here!

Aims

"We were on a break!" - Ross

"Oh my gosh, if you say that one more time, I'm going to break up with you!" - Chandler

=)