Thursday, June 21, 2007

Live From Pomona. . .

Good morning everyone. . .

So the reason for the morning post is that I am in Pomona at Heather's apartment and she is out for the day at one of her many responsibilities (today it is the internship). I came down last night as to not deal with good ol' morning traffic and also to give us a little bit more time together (and Heather time has been at a minimum as of late).

The apartment is really nice - she now has her room all set up (including the desk and filing cabinet that we picked up at IKEA last week when I was down here) and she looks so happy here. This is now home for her. It will be so for the next two years (at least, I guess) and I'm happy that she likes it. She also really likes her roommate Sydney, a girl she met at Cal Poly Pomona who has very similar aspirations (veterinarian-wise). She's cool - we don't know each other very well as of now, but I'm sure that will change as we have two years of me visiting as much as I can in front of us. It's such a relief to just not be in that dorm anymore (is this me or Heather talking. . .). I love it and I'm stoked for her to have this opportunity. End of story.

On my living front, there is constant rumors (a lot like all those KG and Kobe trade rumors - - all of which are unlikely to occur) but nothing going. Yet. Apparently Chels is in dire need of moving out and is looking for apartments near the CSUN campus. She is looking at this moment, I believe. I'm absolutely interested, but it will require a little bit of immediate sacrifice. Since I have gotten the chance at the A.M. position at the FL, I will probably have to hang around my store for at least six months or so.

SO. . . .

If I do in fact get the position (I have completed my training and have two weeks to study the main material before I go have the interview thing with the GM at the Northridge store - after that I will get keys to my store and will be an official Assistant Manager) then I will have to drive to work five days a week or so I guess. So I will be both commuting and paying rent (which is the same thing as if I moved out into an apartment in the Antelope Valley) for the first semester or so. Once I get comfortable in the managerial shoes, I can request that transfer to a store down in the San Fernando Valley. It might be worth it to go through that first six months or so just to get that transfer eventually. I don't know. My goal I guess is to first get this promotion. After that, if it works out that I get to move out this summer, then great. If not, then I'll go through what I thought I would - which is commute to school and work at the FL the other days.

But, I guess time will tell. Time reveals everything - - -

So what else is new????

Well I had that academic advisement at CSUN on Monday and it went pretty well. All of my General Education units are completed save for my required 9 Upper Division G.E. units (three classes which I take at CSUN) and an Upper Division Writing Test that I have to take before I graduate. I got my schedule for the first semester figured out, but I just have to see if I can make it work in a straight, concise way. Also, my goal is to get them into two days. We'll see.

Not much more to report since I've been working every day since last Thursday (I worked seven straight days). . . Well I have six more hours to kill (it's now noon) until Heather gets back so I'll probably go work on my schedule thing, then I'll do some studying for my interview. I also brought some books that I have been working on and a few movies (CLERKS 2 has been playing while I have been posting). So I'll be fine. We'll probably go to dinner after she gets back and then I'm not sure what after that.

But again, time reveals everything. . .

Hope you enjoyed the post and I'll post again this weekend most likely. . .

Have a day - - -

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Justin: Glad to hear the good news about Heather, and your future challenges sound exciting also. We are going to be out of town from 6-26 until 7-18. We will be working in Maryland. Take care and Be safe this summer.
Pop and Mom-Mom