Friday, November 03, 2006

A Kinda Grab-Bag: The Rápido Version

Ok, so it's been since Monday that I've posted. I'm sorry.

You see, this has been my "vacation" week in that I have not worked at JC this entire week. So I've been trying to get school stuff done as well as have some good old fashioned fun before I get into my last five weeks of school. And I have done just that. So, here's a quick recap of my week with much more detail coming this weekend after even more events (Manny/Jenn wedding, Laugh Factory, Chargers game) go down. Enjoy!

- Saw SAW III on Monday night. It underwhelmed. Yes, it was a good tie-in to the first two films, but from what I remember (I only saw the first two once - on the last two Halloweens respectively) I was much more impressed with them. This was a fun horror film, though. If you saw and liked the first two, there is no reason to think you won't like this one. (Grade: C+)

- Bowling on Monday night was just ok. I did not bowl very well (my average that night was 130 instead of my usual 150) and neither did Chris (he barely averaged over 100). However, the reason that we were ok with it all was that it was free!!! We made friends a couple weeks ago with some guys who work there and since we were cool (I guess) they offered to sign off our games since we come every Monday night. So we got just under $30 of bowling fun for free on Monday night! Score!

- School was blah on Tuesday because I was so excited about going to the SUNS/LAKERS game. I met George down at STAPLES (the Staples Center, for those who don't know) around 1730 and we grabbed some dinner at the FOX Sports Box place - it was ok. We watched some of the BULLS/HEAT game (a great blowout by the BULLS - it was awesome!) and then headed in to find our seats. They were great (Nosebleeds, center court, row 2 - really good though) and we had a blast at the game. SUNS lost 114-106 - more on my SUNS on Sunday. Thanks George - I had a great time and I can't wait for March (more on that on Sunday too).

- Wednesday was usual (Biology and English) and then I spent most of the night watching my SUNS get their first victory of the season against the Los Angeles Clippers. Not a great day, but at least my team won!

- I slept in on Thursday so I missed Journalism and went just for History. After that, I went home and worked on some homework before Aimee's last volleyball game of the year. They won. She had a great year (for a rookie!) and I'm very proud of her! After her game, I came home and got ready for my exciting night at MULLIGAN'S! Justin set up another bachelor thingy (only guys though) for Manny at the family fun center. We paid $13 to do whatever we wanted as much as we wanted. If you have six guys at a place like that, I don't think there's any doubt where they would end up: the GO-KARTS! There was no one else there, and the guy running it was super cool, so we rode them for probably a total of an hour or more. He would also let us go for up to twenty minutes straight since there was no one else in line! It was an absolute thrill and I can't wait to do that again sometime!

- After Mulligan's, we went back to their house and chilled. I beat Manny at MADDEN 2004 (the first time we ever met he absolutely destroyed me at that game and I was left with no self-confidence - well, since I've been practicing recently, I challenged him to a rematch to regain my dignity) 80-29! I think I got my dignity back! Then we played poker and I won :D A good night for me you could say! I didn't get home until 0200 but went right to sleep.

- I slept in until almost noon today and didn't do much (I watched last night's OFFICE episode though) until 1600. That was the wedding rehearsal. We did that and then went to TEXAS CATTLE CO. for the dinner part. It was yummy! I'm heading out to Hollywood tonight to go to the LAUGH FACTORY with Heather, Chels, and their friend Kira who is California visiting from New York! Should be fun - -

- Recent purchases: MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 3 and TOP GUN on DVD; THANK YOU FOR SMOKING book, new Chuck Pahalniuk book (guy who wrote FIGHT CLUB)

- Football Picks for Week 9 (home team in CAPS) - sorry I don't have time to give you blurbs about each game, but I will provide my forecast:

Atlanta over DETROIT - Barely Breathing Easy

Cincinnati over BALTIMORE - Nailbiter

Dallas over WASHINGTON - Barely Breathing Easy

Green Bay over BUFFALO - Walk in the Park

NEW YORK GIANTS over Houston - Walk in the Park

ST. LOUIS over Kansas City - Nailbiter

CHICAGO over Miami - Walk in the Park (Note: I predicted a 38-9 victory last week for the Bears over the 49ers and it ended up being 41-10. I'm incredible!)

New Orleans over TAMPA BAY - Barely Breathing Easy

JACKSONVILLE over Tennessee - Walk in the Park

Minnesota over SAN FRANCISCO - Barely Breathing Easy

SAN DIEGO over Cleveland - Walk in the Park (I'll be there!)

Denver over PITTSBURGH - Nailbiter

Indianapolis over NEW ENGLAND - Nailbiter

SEATTLE over Oakland - Barely Breathing Easy

- More Christmas gift ideas:

Anything SUNS (gift cards to their online store, t-shirts, jerseys, license plate thingys, anything)

- And finally, a video for you to enjoy:



Happy Friday!!!

Goodnight,

JUSTIN

No comments: