Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Swinging Sans Sleep and the Stupid Suns

Who doesn't love alliteration?!?!?!?

That my friends is just two things (actually there are three topics in that title) that I would like to relay to you about my last five days and six nights (I posted Friday evening with a long night in front of me). It's been hella busy and it's been hella fun (a hella shout out to my Northern Cali friends wherever they are!)!!!

So you ready??? I sure hope so! Notice that this is not a GRAB-BAG, but the possibility that this will be non-chronological is very, very likely. But stick around, cuz you never know!!!

And here we go:

- I'll start with some Youtube videos. Enjoy!

Miracle Shot



I Know Them (and it's a parody by the way)



Weird Al's new video ("White and Nerdy")



For Heather (one more week baby!)



Now that you've enjoyed that, let me tell you about my weekend. Holy crap!!!

- Friday night I went to the Laugh Factory. Funny as always. Well, most of it. Tom Papa was first and he was very funny. Then another guy who was weird buy only kinda funny. Then two acts in a row that were terrible. Then Mike Marino, whom I have seen before and thought was hilarious!!! This guy rocks! All in all it was a fun experience. However, I didn't get home until 0200 and didn't fall asleep til 0300. Why was that a probelm? Well. . .

- I was up at 0630 on Saturday morning to begin getting ready for Manny and Jenn's wedding. We had to be at Jenn's house at 0800 for pictures. We were there and did barely anything the entire time! I was a bit perturbed, but hung in there just fine (I wish I had been bribed like my brother - he was the ring bearer and if he was good then my mom told him he could get CURIOUS GEORGE! I want a movie too!!! haha). The wedding began at 1130 and was over lickity split. The reception lasted almost four hours and was absolutely awesome. We danced so much - it was great! Heather and I even swing danced for the first time since our big performance so long ago. It made her day and I was glad to do it :D It was a blast all and all. Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Manny Ferniza - Best of luck and I hope Cabo is treating you well!

- Sunday was the Chargers game. Wow. What an experience that was!!! We had pretty decent seats (on the opponent's side of the field, 35-yard line, lower level) except for the fact that the sun was beating on us for the entire first half! It felt like it was on me, it was so hot! The game was most fun in the fourth quarter when the sun went behind the stadium walls. Then it was cool :D The Chargers won but it was a close game, which made it even better. Lots of stories from that journey - maybe I'll divulge later. . . but my picks were terrible! I went 7-7!!! I now sit one game behind two guys tied for third. I'm close. . .

- The week so far has been ok. Lots of homework for the Rambler here. After tomorrow's classes are over, I will only have four weeks of school left! I'm very excited!

- Bowling on Monday night was awesome!!! Not only did my average for the night (159) exceed my usual average (150), I got a new personal record! In an early game (I wanna say it was the third or fourth game) my scorecard looked like this: 7 /, 9 /, X, X, X, X, 9 /, S8 1, X, 9 / 7 - - - Anyway, that was good for a 216 which beat my old high by seven pins! I only had one open frame (that split in the seventh frame pissed me off so much!) and I had five strikes. I was stoked!!!

- I have continued reading THANK YOU FOR SMOKING and am now almost halfway through it. It's really good - I wanna watch the movie again!

- And finally, I officially am in a state of depression thanks to the horrendous 1-4 start by my Phoenix Suns. We have now lost to the Lakers by 8, Jazz by 4, Clippers by 6, and Spurs by 5 (in overtime). It's terrible!!! We held leads of nine or more in all of those games and we cannot finish strong at all! Boris Diaw is bothering me the most right now. Not only did he come back this season with quite a few extra pounds (put down the Twinkies buddy!) but he seems scared to do anything he did last season. His 18-foot jumper that was automatic last year has been attempted maybe three times, even when he's open. He is scared! What the hell Boris!!! Nash is doing his thing (20 points/12 assists) and Barbosa has been consistent (almost 20 a game) but no one else has been any sort of consistent. They need to get their act together fast!

Well I'm exhausted all of a sudden and am gonna hit the hay. Got a History test in the morning (o, I took a Bio test today and I have no idea how I did - sound familiar?) to study for when I wake up. O, one more thing: A new issue of THE EXAMINER came out this week - AVCers! Pick up your copy - it's awesome again!

Hopefully I can blog again before this weekend, but no promises - sorry folks! Justin's busy!

Until that next post,

JUSTIN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey -- bribery worked for you when you were 5 too! I can't remember what it was, not Curious George, but probably a Batman guy! And ditto -- I'm getting depressed too. Last night was another one on the loss side.....maybe 13 shouldn't have cut his hair -- bad luck.

Anonymous said...

HA ha ha ha ...thanks for the preview. I can't wait to see it..I already know I'm going to love it! I laughed hard at the Weird Al video too..that's hilarious. Miss you little one. Get ready for a productive week!