Tuesday, May 01, 2007

On the Other Hand

After a tough post last night (both because it was hella late, and the content), I decided to post a selection of videos, care of YOUTUBE, links, and pictures of some things that make me happy.

(Note: I'm NOT depressed! I'm just not happy with a lot of the situations that surround me right now - - this is important. . .)

To kick things off, how about the old intro for the NBA on NBC from the '90's. This is actually from Game 6 of the 1993 NBA Finals between MJ and his BULLS and my beloved PHOENIX SUNS (this was the last Finals game for my SUNS - - until this year, baby!!!) - For the record, the NBA on ABC of the last few years absolutely sucks. Nothing will ever be as good as a Bob Costas intro as he kicks it off to Marv Albert calling the game. O and the theme song will forever resonate in my head as the greatest sound in the world. Ever!



Here is a tribute set-up by NBC when their broadcasting run ended on the NBA on NBC. This is a compilation of the greatest moments on the NBA on NBC and the funny thing is that I remember ALL OF THEM! I love basketball. The game just makes me happy. I love watching the most talented men in the world showcase their respective skills in a game that means more to me than I can express. .



This is the intro to the 1980's television show, MACGYVER. This may just be one of the greatest shows ever and I miss quality programming like this! Ah, the memories. . .



New shoes always make me happy, and I have new shoes! These are the new color scheme for the Air Force Ones that are all the rage nowadays. These are also my favorites so far. The dark blue in the front is suede - so that's cool. Also, they look much better with white laces, which I have. . . Just so you know :D

















Also, my team is up 3-1 against the hated Lakers. . . GO SUNS!!! That makes me happy too :D The series ends tomorrow night and that I can guarantee (I made a $20 bet with a guy at work that the series ends in Game 5 - and another pre-series bet with another guy that the SUNS would just win the series!)!!!

Another thing that makes me happy is my friends - - -

















These are just a few of the people that make me smile - - there are o so many and each of them means the world to me. I love you all dearly (in different ways of course haha) and I am ever thankful for your involvement in my life, especially these two girls, my favorites, hands down:


















Heather and Aimee are so important to me and I'm lucky just to have the most wonderful sister ever (which I do) but also the best girlfriend and future fiance' (FF!!!) that anyone could ask for!

Also, I got an article today from an English teacher at school who had read my review of 300 you can redd the pre-edited version there) and responded! It's fantastic! Someone read my article! I'll go into greater detail later on in the week after I write a rebuttal of his rebuttal :D

Bowling makes me happy too and I got to do that last night! I bowled really well for 7 out of the 9 games I played (the 2 bad games were 146 and 153) including 3 games over 200 (202, 221, and 234) which led to an average of 187, by far my best night to date. I'm getting better and I love it - you know me: very competitive.

And finally, here is one more video for you. This is the music video for WEEZER's song "Keep Fishing". They are my favorite band of all-time and this video is my favorite of theirs. . . Enjoy!



Have a good Wednesday everyone!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just watched the videos & it makes me smile too when it comes to the Suns & the game as a whole. When it showed the fans there greeting the Suns it reminded me of the Summer of '90 when your Dad & I went to the airport to do the same thing -- that was great! I love Macgyer --I'm wondering if he just might be related to Jack Bauer -- what do you think? GO SUNS!