Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Spring Break! . . . . Kinda

Well this is just going to be a quick hello as my family and I are heading out on the road in about an hour. . . We are going to Lake Powell, a destination on the Utah/Arizona border. We are meeting family there for a celebration of my grandparents' 50th Anniversary. My dad's parents wanted to celebrate with family so both my family and my aunt's (dad's sister) from Maryland are going to Lake Powell for a week of fun in the sun. Presumably.

I'm excited to see family that I haven't seen in quite awhile (especially my two cousins - Josh, 24 and Travis, 26 I think ha ha). I'm excited to do some activities I have never done (white water rafting, motorhoming - we rented a motorhome to drive up to Lake Powell) and it will undoubtedly be a good time for us all.

However, I have never had a true SPRING BREAK experience. I don't have the kinds of friends (Except George, actually) that would want to go on some trip or something for a week. I have never asked, true, but I assume the answer to an invitation to go somewhere for a few days/week would be "I'm busy" or "I can't take off work" (something that I myself did not want to do, but had to). And as much as I'm not a partyer, I would still love to say I've done some really cool things over a Spring Break besides "I went to northern Arizona with my family". Not there's anything wrong with that. . .

So anyway, I might be away from the internet for an entire week (I'm shaking already!) so this might just be my last post for a little while. I'll see what I can do about internet connections and things like that at the hotel we are staying at, but we'll see. You don't need a post that bad. . .

Enjoy your Spring Break (if it's this week) or just have a really good Easter weekend. Good luck finding those eggs and I hope the Easter bunny brings you a fun gift or something :D

Take it easy friends - - -

No comments: