Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Weekend Grab-Bag:
The "Long Time, No See" Version

Good evening ladies and gentlemen - welcome to A RAMBLER'S RAMBLING!

It's been since Thursday of last week that I blogged as I have been preoccupied since Friday night. You see, my wonderful Heather came home on Friday night! It had been two weeks since we had seen each other, but the last two time we have seen each other were for merely hours at a time. It had been about a month since we had had any quality time together and both of us had displayed our displeasure about that fact over the previous week or so.

But this weekend I was the happiest person there could be as Heather made it home and we were able to spend most of the weekend together. She got home later Friday night but we hung out almost all of Saturday and Sunday (including a viewing of 300 and long periods of doing nothing!) as well as Monday night and this afternoon (my Racism 101 class was cancelled again!).


Let me just tell you right now (if you haven't noticed it already) - - I truly yearn for only a few things. Counting down:

3) A Phoenix Suns NBA Championship

2) To become what the media calls a "household name"

1) To get to stand up in front of family and friends and publicly express my love and commitment to one Heather Lynn Acuff and spend the rest of my breathing hours dedicated to making sure her life is one filled with joy, security, and most of all, love.

(Yeah, that's marriage. . .)

I can't wait to spend forever with her. I get a taste of it on weekends like this when we get to spend extended periods of time together as well as wake up next to one another (she is the only sight I want to have when my eyes open up). It's the best! I highly recommend finding someone that you care for more than anything material.

So I guess this is not as much of a GRAB-BAG as it is a declaration of my love. Heather headed back to Pomona this evening and I immediately entered "wreck-mode". I eventually got some work done (my review for 300 is just about polished enough to print) and was able to fully enjoy my SUNS dominating Minnesota tonight (about damn time!) to earn their third straight division title. . .

But Heather. . . I miss you!

And. . . I love you! See:





















The beach says it all. . .

Goodnight everyone - - -

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you and miss you too little one.