Sunday, March 11, 2007

Two Weeks Later

It's been exactly two weeks since my Live Blogging event for the 2007 Oscars and I have been all over the Western coast and some since then.

But trust me on this one: I will not be updating you on everything that has happened the last two weeks. Not tonight at least. . .

But I thought I would at least let you know that I had a safe journey to Phoenix, Arizona last weekend to watch my beloved Phoenix Suns defeat the stumbling Los Angeles Lakers. That was a lot of fun and there are no words to describe the feeling of cheering alongside thousands of your fellow fans. It's incredible! GO SUNS!!! (Note: We get a chance to end Dallas' should-be 18-game winning streak on Wednesday night in Dallas. . . You're going down Mavs!)

Secondly, I had another safe journey this week. This time it was a five-day voyage to the green city of Portland, Oregon for a National College Newspaper Convention put on by the Associated Collegiate Press. It was a blast and I learned a whole hell of a lot! More to come on that later (I'm writing an article about our experience and I plan on posting it here too - along with some pictures!) - - - O and we took home Honorable Mention in the Best of Show award!!! Don't believe me? Check it out!

And thirdly, it's officially March Madness time! The bracket has been done up and I'm ready to do my research to do my picks. (Another note: Yes, I'll be posting my picks here - - I'm nice like that!).

I plan on posting again soon, but I really need to be productive elsewhere this evening.

Enjoy your week (I can't believe it's Monday already!) and I'll chat at you all again soon!

(P.S.: If you are a twenty-something year-old man, go see 300 now! I loved it!!!)

(P.S. 2: Completely sad news from the entertainment world tonight. Comedian Richard Jeni, my second favorite comedian ever - behind Seinfeld - is dead after an apparent suicide. I am still stunned. . . I saw him at the Improv in Ontario on January 21, less than two months ago. I remarked to Heather that he looked really awful and I wondered how he was doing. . . apparently not well. RIP Richard - You were a hilarious individual and I absolutely HATE demoting you to the past tense. It actually pains me. . .)

- - - "The way I see life, it's like we're all flying on the Hindenburg, why fight over the window seats?"
- - - Richard Jeni

Peace

No comments: