Thursday, March 15, 2007

Thursday? More Like Worse-day.

I really don't like Thursdays. I always end up in a bad mood by the end of them.

Here's why:

My school schedule on Thursdays is 0930-1850. That's a long time. . .

Plus, the schedule is arranged so that my favorite class is first and then it goes downhill from there until my least favorite class is last. I did not plan it like this. At least not intentionally. . .

However, on this particular Thursday, my favorite class (Human Sexuality) was cancelled because my teacher had something else to do or something like that. She told us on Tuesday before we took our first test (insanely easy) so that we could schedule our day accordingly. I slept in. I watched the first half of the early morning NCAA Tournament games. I went to my second class, the school paper. We didn't really do anything today and I was out of there by noon, two hours before my next class. I came home, ate lunch (yummy leftover carne asada from last night), and watched more of the games. . .

Real quickly - I have seven brackets for this year's tournament. However, my overwhelmingly favorite Final Four teams are Florida, Kansas, Georgetown, and Texas A&M. If it's not them in their respective brackets, then it would be Oregon, UCLA, Texas, and Ohio State. There's my Elite Eight. After that, my brackets kinda differ from one another - you might as well if you can have many of them! But my main bracket is 13-3 right now and one of them is 14-2. A good start to be sure. . . Anyway. . .

Back to school at 1415 for Racism 101. The difference now is that my teacher has had an unfortunate circumstance hit her family. Her father recently passed away and so we have had a substitute this week. I like this guy. He's really smart and says pretty much the same crap that she does, but I like him. Either way, class was over and then I headed to Crapspeare for the longest three hours of my week every week. I can't stand this class. . . I just sit there, contributing nothing, and counting the minutes til I can flee the school. Today I actually said something though. We were talking about the similarities between Shakespearean gardens and the Bard's sonnets (don't ask). Well I just thought of the biggest load of bullshit I could and raised my hand. The teacher called on me, shocked that I had some input. "How about this? So the gardens contain grasses and things that have roots. These roots go below the surface, much deeper than we can see from where we are. The same can be said about sonnets. They contain material that is much deeper than what the words themselves have to say. Kinda like an iceberg. . ."

Well not only did she say "I have never thought of that before" but the class seemed to like my answer. Ridiculous. This is what my class is for all three hours. The entire time in the class is made up of us pleasuring Shakespeare through pleasuring ourselves for our brilliance at discussing his works. It's a hopelessly boring class and one that will account for nothing in my future. Nothing.

I always come home from this class a little peeved. I just wasted time in my life! So tonight was no different. I have been in a rough place all evening and I am now really desiring to go to sleep - - we'll see if I even can. I've had major trouble sleeping lately so we'll see where this goes tonight. I am contemplating watching BORAT tonight since I borrowed it from Manny. But we'll see. It's 2300 now. . .

I'm tired.

Goodnight everyone - -

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It appears that saying or writing certain bovine excrement words in Literature classes are a family trait. I was pretty good at it myself. It may do nothing for your future, but it gets a passing grade in the class for the here and now!!