Sunday, April 16, 2006

The Spring Break Grab-Bag

Alright, what I can promise you (yes, promise) is that once school is done (May 4th is my last day!) I will be blogging much more frequently. What I can also promise is that until then, blogs will be scarce. I have so much work to catch up on and complete over the next three weeks. As it was, I spent a majority of my Spring Break doing homework. But you'll see that. . .

- So I entered the week with a total of five papers due by the end of the semester. I had a plan of finishing three of them over the Break. I got two done (I consider that a semi-accomplishment). Tomorrow the third one will be finished, so that kinda means I did a good job. School's almost done! I can't wait for the summer!

- I bought THE DA VINCI CODE in paperback. I wanted to see what all the hubbub is about. Let me put it this way: I'm already almost 200 pages in! That's how quick of a read it is! It's really entertaining and it is one of those "can't-put-it-down" books. Good stuff.

- Heather was able to come home a couple of days this week which was absolutely awesome! We took Chary out to dinner at FAMOUS DAVE'S on Monday for her birthday (which was Sunday). That was fun. Heather and I got to hang out, watch movies, play Darts, and just have a great time in the moments that we got to spend together over the week. I'm so grateful for my wonderful Heather!

- I've been working the usual amount at JOHNNY CARINO'S. If you remember, I told you that I'm now only a TT. My schedule appears to be (I say appears to be because it has been the same the last two weeks, and I'm anticipating it staying the same) Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday. This is good for me. It will give me 25 hours a week and a nice bit of tips each week. I certainly can't complain. Also, there is an opening of a new JC in Downey in June and both Chelsea and I have inquired about being apart of it. During the opening, you work like 12 hour days for 6 days a week, but you get major bank! Here's hoping. . .

- I guess this brings me to the highlight of my Spring Break. Today, Easter Sunday, my dad and I went to the Staples Center to watch our PHOENIX SUNS take on the LOS ANGELES LAKERS. What's better than that? Our seats! We were two (count them) two rows behind the SUNS bench!!! Besides the excitement of the game, our seats, and the atmosphere, we also saw quite a few famous people. Here is the list of people I saw either really close or from a little distance: Paris Hilton (she got booed when put up on the Jumbotron!), Phil Ivey (professional Poker player), J.A. Adande (L.A. Times sportswriter and frequent contestant on ESPN'S Around the Horn), Penny Marshall (director of A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN), the commentators at the game (including Hubie Brown, Peter Vecsey, and former Chicago Bulls center Will Perdue, who I yelled his name and he looked at me and smiled cuz I recognizd him!), and of course, Jack Nicholson. Jack sat in his usual courtside seats, which were literally less than fifteen feet from ours. When he entered, he was less than three feet from us at one point. No joke! I'll post pictures of all this later on this week. I haven't quite gotten them up on my computer just yet. The game was a bit of a disappointment, even though it was SO EXCITING just being there. Our SUNS, who played without injured Steve Nash (who, during one time-out, noticed me in my Nash jersey and acknowledged me with a smile - I kinda shrugged and put my hands out questioningly (he is resting a thigh injury) and he kinda did the same thing - awesome three and a half seconds!) and Raja Bell, played pretty bad and lost 109-89. We got to watch Kobe play, though, and as much as I hate him, he certainly can put the ball in the hole. We really had a great time! Thanks Mr. Brooks!!!

So, yeah, I'll post those pictures in a couple days. And that, my friends, I promise!

Thanks for catching up with me - it's been fun!

- - - "You don't get better with age! You're not a Merlot!"
- - - Obnoxious Laker fan yelling at the injured players on the SUNS bench. Idiot.

Later,

SUNS FAN #1 - - JUSTIN

No comments: