I'm going to bed here shortly because I have a long day tomorrow, but I wanted to post a couple quick thoughts from my ever-going mind about everything that has been going on recently. . .
- I have now been at the Men's Wearhouse (which, as stated before, will be forever known as the MW) for a full week and I feel more comfortable now than I did last week at this time. Over my first five days there, I sold a total of $7000, including over $2500 on Saturday alone (one sale alone was $1100!!!). I'm not sure what my paycheck will look like, but as long as it's more than what I would have made at the FL, then I will be happy (which it most assuredly will be). Every day I learn something more and I get more comfy in my role as the clock ticks. So come and see me, buy some suits (or sports coats. . . or casual wear. . . or shoes!) and add to my check!
- I went 12-2 this week in my football picks, only missing the Minnesota upset over San Diego and Tampa Bay beating Arizona (went for the upset on that one). I think I might have won the week, but I won't know til either tomorrow or even Wednesday, but I'll keep you posted. I'm also in first overall, which is an awesome development. More on that as the weeks progress.
- I finished INTO THE WILD, the book, and am now looking forward to seeing the film because I thoroughly enjoyed the book. I also went and saw SAW IV this morning with my friend Alex (another DC alumni) and we both agreed that it was entertaining but nothing special. Fun to watch, but also extremely gross (in the words of Alex: "I now know how to perform an autopsy."). Overall, if you have seen and enjoyed the first three, you won't be disappointed by the fourth installment, but newbies should avoid it all costs. GRADE: C+
- My favorite movie of the year comes out on DVD tomorrow: it's RATATOUILLE!!!!!
- I'll give a SUNS update every Thursday (since that was the day that our season started) but I do have to react to all you Laker fans out there: Congrats. You won an early season game against us yet again. But consider the facts of the game. . . The Lakers shot 60% for the ENTIRE GAME. You can't compete with that. The Lakers just happened to play the game of their lives against a tired SUNS team that had gotten home at 0400 in the morning after their lackluster performance in Seattle. We're just off to a slow start again. But more on that on Thursday.
- Some interesting reads on the internet:
Waiting Room Sex by Dan Neil
Random Thoughts by Mallory Roseborough
- Also, I've been bugging Heather to post something on here in a so-called RAMBLERETTE'S RAMBLING, but she does not like to talk about herself. Well not that much. . . However, on Myspace, she recently posted a brief update about herself and how things are going in Pomona. . . So here it is:
I haven't blogged in months, and I thought enough has happened that it's finally time for an update. First of all, I switched jobs from the Pet Resort to Claremont Veterinary Hospital. I'm currently working as a receptionist there, however I intend to become a Vet Assistant after some time (a vet assistant is a step below a vet tech, which is still a step behind a registered vet tech). When I transferred to Cal Poly, I was certain I wanted to become a registered vet tech (RVT), and I jumped right into the classes and loved what I was learning. I loved learning about animals so much that I thought, why in the world would I NOT try to apply to Vet school? I knew that would be something I would think about for the rest of my life...why I didn't even try! I was doing well in my classes and I had made several friends in the AHS program and the PreVet program...and I decided I would do it. I would change majors and apply to vet school. So I did! And now I'm a prevet major planning for the long years ahead at vet school. I would love to get into Western University, a new Vet school right here in Pomona, but since you can't put all your eggs in one basket, I plan on applying to Davis, Oregon State, and Colorado State as well. The idea of become a vet is so exciting, but it's scary at the same time, financially and for mine and Justin's relationship. I know everything will work out for the best though, no matter what happens.
The last several months have been difficult for my family...we've lost three grandparents in the last 6 months. We're sure to miss them as the holidays come and go..
Speaking of the holidays, this was my first Halloween that I actually dressed up in years! I had so much fun, thanks to all my friends here. I can't wait til Christmas rolls around.....It will be my 21st birthday! AHHHHH!!! I'll be going to Vegas with Chels and my mom for a weekend, and then I'll probably celebrate here with my friends once school starts again in January. I love everything about the Holidays, from Thanksgiving through New Years. It definitely the best time of the year!!!
I'm still amazed at how fast time has gone since I've moved to Pomona. And at how fast I know it's going to keep flying! I've mapped out the rest of my quarters here, and I can't wait to see what the next few years have in store for me. A wedding? Vet school? A career?? You just never know what is around the corner, and that's the way it should be. It keeps things exciting and keeps me motivated to be ready for anything.
Since its November 1st, I feel like it's a new page...I fresh start in the middle of a chaotic quarter. I hope to stay organized, start exercising more, and ace all my classes. It's like New Years haha, but New Month instead. We'll see how it all goes.
Anyway, just a quick update. I hope to blog more often than I have been. Thanks for reading!
- O and I got my speeding ticket in the mail and it came out to $273 plus $39 for traffic school and then another charge for traffic school from the actual school. This sucks. . .
- I have exactly 15 days of actual school left. . . not that I'm counting.
Ok, well that's it for now. But thanks to all those readers who sent me comments after the NBA Preview - - the fact that some people are reading what I write makes me want to keep going!