Monday, December 18, 2006

The Weekend Grab-Bag:
The Veg-Out Version

Happy Monday everybody! I have today (and, happily, tomorrow as well) off from work and practice (the two teams have off this week from all practice) so I'm heading directly into veg-out mode for these next two days. Why? Well I've had a pretty darn busy last four days and I'm physically and mentally spent. You wanna know all about it now, don't ya? Well alright then. . .

Enjoy this Grab-Bag, folks.

Enjoy it in all of its non-chronological goodness :D

- I worked at Finish Line (from now on referred to as the FL) each of the last four days. Thursday was my first day! I got there at 1200 and spent about three hours doing orientation things. I watched videos (among the titles was DIVERSITY, a look at how to not be a bigot at work), did some online reading of the employee handbook, aced some quizzes, and received my FL t-shirt and lanyard (we wear a lanyard with a placard attached to it - it's our nametag). I took a break (I ate at GREAT STEAK: Mmmm!) and came back ready to see what else I needed to study. Well, my manager (his name is Jose and he is a really laid back guy with a great attitude toward his employees) told me to go out on the floor! I was so scared! So I went out there and the dogs ate me up right away. I spent the next three hours getting shoes for people and trying to find them in a quick manner. Altogether, I enjoyed myself and met some cool new people (the other employees are all really cool). I worked a total of 20-some hours over the last four days and I am getting better every day. Yesterday was the craziest day yet. I worked from 1000 (when we opened) to 1800, with a half-hour break around 1400. I don't know how much I sold, but my guess is somewhere around $1500. I was doing really good and I enjoyed myself for the most part. I'm liking this new gig, and I'm forever grateful to Manny for giving me the opportunity to get the hell out of JC and into a new place of work. I work Wednesday-Saturday of this week and we'll see how it goes from there! Come see me :D I might just convince you that you need those shoes you try on!

- Final grades came out on Saturday for the semester that just ended and mine were exactly what I had guessed. I have 3 B's and 2 A's and that is just peachy with me. It makes my cumulative GPA a 3.67, which is pretty darn good if you ask me :D

- I went to Alumni Chapel on Friday. It's a tradition at DCHS that on the last Friday before Christmas vacation they have a chapel that invites all of the alumni back to see what has been going on and whatnot. I did not attend last year (for several reasons, one being that I just didn't want to) but I did go to this one. Aimee was singing with the choir and I had yet to see them perform this holiday season. I also wanted to be there since I have been coaching recently and wanted to see if people would go to the game on Saturday. Either way, chapel was kinda weird (it has been a really long time since I've been in Chapel!) but I was glad to have gone. The game on Saturday was good. Both teams won handily and it was all-in-all a fun time. There are only two more games left before league begins, so I'm excited to see how the season turns out!

- I have prepared my FIRST-THIRD MOVIE PREVIEW and it will appear here before the year ends. It has 25 films on it, but could really only be about 15. We'll see if I go through with all 25. I'm REALLY excited about 9 of these films and so FANTASTICALLY EXCITED about the TOP 5, that I might just say that these 5 films outweighs the Summer films (well, maybe not Spider-Man 3. . .) that are coming up as well. I hope you all enjoy this movie preview :D

- I forgot to get my football picks up before yesterday, but believe me when I say I went 10-5 with the big Cincinnati/Indianapolis game tonight (I picked my on-a-roll Bengals) to be played. I'm so close to the top 3 again, but I, being a very cynical person, believe that I'll finish just out of the money yet again. But we'll see. . .

- And now for the biggest news of the month (I suppose): THE WORLD SERIES OF POP CULTURE, a television gameshow event that had its first season about a year ago, is having auditions for its second season in January and February. The Los Angeles audition is January 26-28 and guess who has an audition? Yep. Justin, Cy, and I will be heading to Beverly Hills that weekend to hopefully earn a spot on the show, which would be taped (in freakin' New York City!) in March. Head to the link above to get more info (I won't bore you with all the details here) but I will tell you what the ultimate winner walks away with: $250,000!!! Yep, that would be split four ways (the three teammates and Uncle Sam) but it would be incredible to walk away with all of that! Wow!!!

- O and I still haven't gone Christmas shopping yet. . . Uh oh!

- I already used my employee discount at the FL! I bought a couple pairs of shoes for myself (I know, I know, but there was a sale going on) and they are pretty darn nice. Plus I spent about $70 total for shoes that would have run me almost $120. A pretty good steal if you ask me!








































- What do you think???

Alright folks everywhere, that's the GRAB-BAG. I hope you enjoyed it and I hope that you come back to read my upcoming posts. There will be four more before the end of the year (that's a promise - I'll explain why later) so check back frequently for updates on everything going on in my world.

Happy Pre-Christmas everybody!!!

Justin

1 comment:

Mike's Bloggity Blog said...

Let me know if they are looking for any canadian contestants for the Pop Culture Challenge, I had no luck with Deal or No Deal!